1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Random screen cracking issues

I've been toying with the idea of getting a nexus 7 to bridge the gap between my dna and my transformer, however I've run into a bit of an issue. I've seen on Google's support page numerous threads from people who have had the screens on their tabs cracking, seemingly at random. Anyone here have that issue happen to them recently? I'm wondering if maybe manufacturing processes have changed with the "new" versions they put out recently.

Global Posts
    89 Global Posts

Default Re: Random screen cracking issues

Quote Originally Posted by osubeavs728 View Post
    I've been toying with the idea of getting a nexus 7 to bridge the gap between my dna and my transformer, however I've run into a bit of an issue. I've seen on Google's support page numerous threads from people who have had the screens on their tabs cracking, seemingly at random. Anyone here have that issue happen to them recently? I'm wondering if maybe manufacturing processes have changed with the "new" versions they put out recently.
    Most if not all the reports I've seen say they were dropped or in some other way mishandled and that's what caused the cracking. I've purchased five of them for myself and family, so far not one issue with a cracked screen.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Quote Originally Posted by plumberdv View Post
    Most if not all the reports I've seen say they were dropped or in some other way mishandled and that's what caused the cracking. I've purchased five of them for myself and family, so far not one issue with a cracked screen.
    That's good to hear. I mean, I figured that the majority of them could be attributed to user error. But some people were so adamant that they simply set it on the table, turned around, then the screen blew up. So it kind of got me worried

Global Posts
    89 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by osubeavs728 View Post
    That's good to hear. I mean, I figured that the majority of them could be attributed to user error. But some people were so adamant that they simply set it on the table, turned around, then the screen blew up. So it kind of got me worried
    I may be digressing a bit, but I am also a knife collector and frequent a forum constantly that is dedicated to one brand of knife. Many times in the past I've seen guys coming on and complaining about theirs breaking "for no reason". Nine times out of ten, there's more to the story than they are telling.

One guy said he was simply sticking it into a piece of pine when the blade broke, but on furthur questioning, he admitted that he was trying to stick it into a pine "tree" from about 10 feet away by throwing it at it.

I suspect something similar happened with some of the broken screens and they just don't want to admit it. Not that they are throwing it at a tree, but you get the idea. Like tossing it onto the table instead if simply setting it on the table.

The story is probably concocted in order to try and get it fixed under warranty.