How Is It Pirated Content?

Status
Not open for further replies.

RichardRight

Banned
Jul 20, 2012
Visit site
I would like a clarification from a moderator. I posted info about an app that links you to various networks' OWN streaming of their own TV shows. It was not an asp that allowed you to copy a show against the networks wishes. THEY were the ones providing their content, and it streamed just like thousands of radio stations on TUNE IN. But a moderator locked the thread and said I was promoting piracy. HUH? The app links TO THE NETWORKS THEMSELVES. How on earth is that piracy? Please provide me a definition of piracy that makes that app piracy, but not TUNE IN.

return_0

Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
Piracy is pretty much copying someone else's work and distributing it against their permission. Maybe the app was piracy? The mods always have good reasons for doing this. Also, I don't think you're supposed to further discuss this. Don't want to backseat moderate though.

RichardRight

Banned
Jul 20, 2012
Visit site
Again, I suspect that Tune In did not pay for rights to stream 70,000 radio stations, so I'd like to know why it's not considered piracy, but a similar TV app is.

androidluvr2

Mar 4, 2013
Visit site
The app links TO THE NETWORKS THEMSELVES. How on earth is that piracy? Please provide me a definition of piracy that makes that app piracy, but not TUNE IN.
If all the app did was link to the networks themselves and allow you to receive what the networks were streaming and not add their own advertisements into the stream or somehow disrupt the network's ads, then I don't see how it is piracy. Are you sure that is what the app was doing?

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
I would like a clarification from a moderator. I posted info about an app that links you to various networks' OWN streaming of their own TV shows. It was not an asp that allowed you to copy a show against the networks wishes. THEY were the ones providing their content, and it streamed just like thousands of radio stations on TUNE IN. But a moderator locked the thread and said I was promoting piracy. HUH? The app links TO THE NETWORKS THEMSELVES. How on earth is that piracy? Please provide me a definition of piracy that makes that app piracy, but not TUNE IN.

If you have a question concerning a thread that was locked by a moderator you may contact the moderator via pm for an explanation. However publicly contesting or complaining about a moderators action is not recommended or allowed in the forums.

Status
Not open for further replies.