Prioritize WiFi Networks?

Scott Greenstone

Jan 3, 2013
Visit site
I have two WiFi networks in my house, one is based in the basement and the other is based in the attic. Is there a way to automatically switch to the stronger network? For example if I am in my basement I am on the basement wifi, but as I go upstairs I want to automatically switch to the stronger Attic Network. Is that possible?

Stock using Nova Prime, not rooted at all.

Thanks in advance?

Andyvalver

Jan 11, 2013
Visit site
I have this problem. I use a repeater in my home as my signal doesn't reach all the way across the house. My ipad seems to auto switch and show the strongest signal and seems to know that the two wifi devices are the same network. However, my note 2 connects to one and when I travel to the other side of the house it gets weak because it prefers to stay on the signal it started with. If I turn wifi off and on it will then connect to the one I'm nearest too. It is frustrating

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Android Central Forums

Diknak

Dec 9, 2012
Visit site
Are they two different networks or are you using one as a bridge? The proper setup for this would be to have 1 main router and the other router configured as a bridge/repeater so they would be the same network. If it is setup like that, the device should automatically switch between routers, but it won't do that if they are setup as different networks.

Andyvalver

Jan 11, 2013
Visit site
If they are seperate networks I dobt know how it would work for you mate. In my case they are the same network but it still doesn't work lol

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Android Central Forums

jerrykur

Sep 30, 2010
Visit site
I have two Wi-Fi access points in my house. The access points have the same SSID but operate on different channels.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

I do the same thing and my devices shift seamlessly between the access points.
I made sure all channels are non overlapping.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:

Vanwall

Jan 13, 2013
Visit site
I have two Wi-Fi access points in my house. The access points have the same SSID but operate on different channels.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nikoczzzz