nexus 7 settings shows connected but really isn't

Jocelyn Helling

Apr 8, 2013
Visit site
OK, I'm a rookie. When I go to free wifi places my Nexus 7 settings show I am connected to wifi there but doesn't take me to the usual "agree to terms and conditions page" so I'm really not on yet. How do I find the "terms and conditions" page. When I try to google something the little wheel goes round and round without ever getting anywhere..... Thanks for your help.

Eduardo06sp

Aug 8, 2012
Visit site
Where'd you find the free Wi-Fi? I was at Staples last time and when I connected to their Wi-Fi network, from a demo unit, it automatically opened Google Chrome, and prompted an agreement form. If it's not from a trusted source, I'd avoid "free public Wi-Fi".

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

Groid

Dec 14, 2011
Visit site
Look in your notifications for something about the connection. Touching it may open the sign-in page. This seems to be the way some work. Others may not.

Shibari

Jan 8, 2013
Visit site
This happens to me. I close all my tabs, then open a new tab and the agreement page comes up. If I go directly to a site via a bookmark or "most recent" it hangs.

Jocelyn Helling

Apr 8, 2013
Visit site
Success! On the settings/wifi screen after I selected the wifi provider and after the provider was "connected" a tiny icon appears in the upper left corner of the screen and when you pull it down the "terms and conditions" sign in page is there. Thanks for the advice!

Ntchwaidumela

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
A word of warning: Do not use unsecured connections when transmitting sensitive info; i.e., bank accounts, etc. If you need to check your bank account, etc., only do it when you have a secured connection.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress