Unclutter home page ??

albireo13

Apr 8, 2013
Visit site
OK, I'm an Android and a Nexus noob. Just got my Nexus 7 this weekend and having a blast!
One thing .. my default home pages comes up with My Library content and also ads for Recommended Apps on Google Play ads.
How can I remove them?

albireo13

Apr 8, 2013
Visit site
Nevermind. I found out how to drag those items off to the delete spot.
Cool tablet!
My wife has the IPad 4 and I find the Android system more interesting.

MJKearney

Jul 31, 2012
Visit site
Now go and customize the heck out of your home screens! Then when you get new apps, check to see if they include widgets that might be useful to you. There are also plenty of widget-only apps available. Finally, try an alternative launcher that let's you further customize the look of your home screens (number of home screens, how one home screen transitions to the next, the shape of folders, the names of shortcuts, etc). And that's one of the key points of Android: unlike iOS, you can really make it your own. Pick up any iPad, and it really looks like any other iPad - uninspiring. Pick up an Android tablet and it will have its own look and personality, based upon its owner. So if you're an uninspiring person, you can make it look almost like an iPad. Have fun, and please don't make your new N7 look like an iPad!

Eduardo06sp

Aug 8, 2012
Visit site
If you view your list of applications, you can scroll all the way to the right and find stock widgets.

Quick Tip: Use all the Google apps that are there! I never thought they were interesting until I set them up and actually used them.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nikoczzzz