Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default 4.2.2 really slow

I just recently received an N7. I played around on the stock 4.2 and then received the stock 4.2.2 update.

I noticed that it is really slow...scrolling and opening the app drawer and switching between pages on the app drawer was incredibly laggy. I have Google Currents disabled.
    I then flash CM10.1 and it was better, but still pretty slow, to the point where it's agitating to use.

I have a Galaxy S3 running between Liquidsmooth or CarbonRom and KT747 kernel, it's really fast, so maybe my perception is a bit distorted.

But I'm a pretty experienced android user and I'm surprised at how slow it is. I have all the transitions set to 0.5X and force GPU enabled in developer settings.

I then flashed Glazed ROM running 4.1.2 and it was a lot better. Apps now open instantaneously and scrolling between homescreens felt snappy and smooth as I would expect. But scrolling up and down pages on Chrome and Boat browser is still an agitating experience. Pages don't respond to flicking very well and seems to move at a really slow rate, I have to swipe up and down a lot in order to scroll through the page. Is this normal?

EDIT: In respect to the laggy scrolling issue, I think the proper term I'm looking for is inertia. The N7 has very poor scrolling inertia especially in Chrome. I give it a good hard flick and sometimes the moment my finger leaves the screen, the scrolling just stops.

Default Re: 4.2.2 really slow

I have given up on Chrome. I love the desktop browser, but the mobile browser sucks so bad. I switched to Dolphin and I use Cmarks to sync my bookmarks.

In regards to the non Chrome experience, you can try booting to the bootloader and clearing your system cache.

Mine is very quick and smooth. Mine is stock and rooted.

My guess is that you have an app that not happy with either 4.2.2 or the Nexus hardware. Try deinstalling everything and doing a full shutdown.
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Yeah, I'm so confused. I tried receiving the 4.2.2 update and choosing not to sync my previously downloaded apps from Play and it's still slow. But I am happy running AOKP. It's fast and smooth (although still not as fast as my GS3) and I'm happy with the set up.