Question about locating/wiping Nexus 7 when lost/stolen

npark2012

Sep 19, 2012
Visit site
Hi all,

I have Nexus 7 32GB WiFi version, and I was wondering if it was ever stolen or lost, how would I be able to track it down or at least wipe it clean? I already have the Cerberus app installed, I'm not rooted by the way. And I keep thinking about how it needs internet connection to function correctly so, the Cerberus app would be useless if it wasn't connected right? Or am I wrong? I just want to know what's the best possible move to get the device back if lost/stolen. I know the GPS on nexus 7 will work without a data connection but i'm not sure if that is accessible via cerberus website. If anyone has any knowledge about this please post. Thank you in advance!

And again... my info on the device for those that need it:

NEXUS 7 32GB WIFI-ONLY
NOT ROOTED

Eduardo06sp

Aug 8, 2012
Visit site
A GPS can only receive information, not transmit it. If you wanted to remotely wipe all your data, the Nexus 7 would have to be connected to the internet. What I'd do if my device were stolen is I'd revoke access for it. To do this, here is some information: "to remove your email/google talk etc.from previous devices you have to go to Google Dashboard --> Manage Accounts--> authorizing applications and sites --> Revoke the devices you do not use anymore."
Source: almousawi87 (Google Groups)

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ParkerAdams