Input Amperage for Nexus 7

groberts0

Dec 10, 2012
Visit site
I have just purchased a New Trent IMP120D for on-the-go charging my Nexus 7 when away from mains electricity. There are two outputs: 5V @ 1A and 5V @ 2.1A - which would be the right one to use for the Nexus 7?

On the same theme, using a suitable cable is it OK to charge directly from a car's phone / cigarette socket?

Last edited:

ohmslaw

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site
I would go with the 2 amp. That matches the charger output of the one supplied for the Nexus. For the auto charger the same, 5 volt, 2 amp. I tried a 1 amp in my car using GPS and went backwards with charging. You need the full 2 amps. I use the Nexus supplied cable in my car.

oldAGE

Aug 4, 2010
Visit site
Yup... use the 2.1A and you should have little to no problem. Remember, when you are charging but have the display up (like if you use something along the lines of CoPilot live GPS) you are consuming battery at a considerable rate. If you have no need for N7 use while driving, make sure she is screen-off in stand-by or powered off and she will charge relatively quickly.

Diknak

Dec 9, 2012
Visit site
With amps, you can set it as high as you want. The output needs to be equal or greater than the device because the device will throttle the amps. However, that is NOT true with voltage. Voltage is the important thing you need to know because that must be equal or it could damage the device.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
w8wca