Home login screen apps..?

tomko440

Apr 18, 2013
Visit site
Right now my only options for my login screen include a clock, email, google posts, and sound search... lame.

I know I can make a guest login with no password but it would be nice to scroll through some other options before I log into an account, like be able to see the weather (for example) without choosing an account. Js.

Is there a way to add apps to my login screen like weather, news, and other stuff? I haven't done much research just and joined the forums tonight.

nightelfdruid

Apr 11, 2013
Visit site
I'd like to help, but am confused. What exactly is it you're trying to do? What device is it you are trying to do this with? I assume it's a tablet perhaps that is being shared? If so, I came up with this... But it requires Android 4.2.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
I think the OP is asking about lockscreen widgets. Most lockscreen widgets for Android 4.2 are a part of other apps. For example, if you install Google Keep, then you'll have the option of placing a Google Keep lockscreen widget on your lockscreen. Only certain apps come with lockscreen widgets.

I would definitely recommend DashClock Widget, which is one of the best lockscreen widgets around. This is a better lockscreen clock than the stock widget, and you can add a number of extensions to it, like weather, battery life, and email count.

Let us know if you need more help with how to add lockscreen widgets.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
You can add multiple lockscreen widgets, after which you can swipe horizontally between them. Just swipe the current lockscreen to the right until you see the plus sign, then tap it to add another widget. I don't know if there's a maximum number of lockscreen widgets you can have at one time.

The selection of lockscreen widgets is still a little sparse, but it's continually growing. You could do a search on Google Play for "lockscreen widget" to get an idea of the variety.

tomko440

Apr 18, 2013
Visit site
Yeah I tried that but as you said, the selection is sparse... I just wanted to add a weather app and some other simple things to the lock screen so I don't have to log into my main or guest account.

I'll hold my breath for the future loll.

anon(847090)

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site
Yeah I tried that but as you said, the selection is sparse... I just wanted to add a weather app and some other simple things to the lock screen so I don't have to log into my main or guest account.

I'll hold my breath for the future loll.
beautiful widget works on lock screen and as the name implies its beautiful

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillyC