1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Is it possible to tab across with Nexus 7?

You know when you're moving from box to box - like username and password or filling in a form etc.?
    I always use the tab key to jump from box to box, but there doesn't seem to be such a thing on Nexus 7. When I ask people this, they look at me like I'm mad, but it's not always easy to click on the little box so I find tab really handy.
    Just wondered if sks knew?
    TIA

ROM
    CM10

Default Re: Is it possible to tab across with Nexus 7?

I assume you're using the stock keyboard. If so, you can access the Tab key by doing this:
    - tap the bottom left key for numbers and symbols. It should be labeled with "?123".
    - tap the key directly above for more symbols. It should be labeled with "=\<"
    The Tab key is directly above the key you just hit. It's labeled with an arrow pointing at a perpendicular line.

So if you memorize the key press sequence, you should be able to use Tab to quickly jump across different fields.

The Tab key is also available on Swiftkey. But it also requires 2 taps to get to it. I'm not aware of a keyboard that has the Tab key more easily accessible.
    Thanked by 2:

If you are using the default keyboard then there is a way to get the tab key on the keyboard. Tip #7 in the link below explains how to get a PC type keyboard with the tab key in the location you would find it on a real keyboard. The link is to a guide for nexus 10 tips but many of them, including #7, work for the nexus 7.

Quote Originally Posted by craftmatic35 View Post
    If you are using the default keyboard then there is a way to get the tab key on the keyboard. Tip #7 in the link below explains how to get a PC type keyboard with the tab key in the location you would find it on a real keyboard. The link is to a guide for nexus 10 tips but many of them, including #7, work for the nexus 7.

Your link is broken: