1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Nexus 7 Battery Usage?

Hi everyone.

So I've had the N7 since last year, and it's altogether a great tablet. I understand that 4.2 has brought some battery issues with it. I went from 5 days standby down to 2.5 with the update from 4.1 to 4.2, and fully understood it as an issue that couldn't really be solved unless you took some drastic measures I honestly couldn't be bothered doing.

Recently I had to do a whole factory reset on my tablet because I had changed my Google account password and enabled 2 layer authentication on the account. When I was resetting the password in the settings, it would constantly say I had got the password wrong despite knowing full well I had typed it in correctly. As well as that, every 15 seconds, the password input screen for the Google account would pop up afresh, as if the app was just repeatedly opening itself over and over. It was bizarre, and eventually after stopping myself throwing the tablet out of the window, I decided to factory reset.

It worked fine, loaded everything up and I got the account working again. But now I'm getting some major battery life problems.

I charged it up to full overnight and turned it on in the morning. I went away for the day, coming back at around 5pm to find it at 75% battery with Android OS taking up over 50% of battery usage. That evening I spent some time reading on it, for no more than an hour, and then put it down and went to bed. The following morning I find I'm at 50% battery, again with Android OS taking up the lions share of the battery. Screen had a fair amount of usage, but that seemed only natural because I had used it the night before.

I have attached some pictures to look at. As can be seen, it was at full charge on turn on, so you can get an accurate picture of usage.

Could someone explain what this is, and if there is anything that can be done without resorting to some sort of rooting situation?

Thanks.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Nexus 7 Battery Usage?-2013-04-23-15.35.12.png   Nexus 7 Battery Usage?-2013-04-23-15.32.53.png   Nexus 7 Battery Usage?-2013-04-23-15.34.46.png  

Default Re: Nexus 7 Battery Usage?

download betterbatterystats and take a look at what is actually keeping your device awake. Android OS is pretty ambigious, but that app will tell you exactly which processes are active.