Key lime pie

cole2kb

Retired Moderator
Apr 7, 2011
Visit site
It hasn't even really been announced in any form yet. The software itself or any updates.

However, you buy a Nexus device to get the updates, so the N7 is sure to get one or two more versions.

cole2kb

Retired Moderator
Apr 7, 2011
Visit site
I read an article today that the rumors are that nexus 7 and Motorola x will be the first to get it

The Nexus 7 is due for a refresh. They will most likely unveil a new device that has the latest version, and roll it out to other Nexus devices in the weeks after. The X phone is nothing but speculation at this point.

ha! so what about my N4 and 10 :)

See above.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

anon(847090)

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site
The Nexus 7 is due for a refresh. They will most likely unveil a new device that has the latest version, and roll it out to other Nexus devices in the weeks after. The X phone is nothing but speculation at this point.

See above.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

I was trying to be funny. I guess I fail :'(

JGouse0498

Mar 21, 2013
Visit site
I would imagine the N7 has at least two more major upgrades in its lifespan. Just look at how long the XOOM went.

That being said, I really do hope Google slows down with releasing new versions of Android. Get on Apple's cycle of one major OS upgrade per year ideally (minus bug fixes and patches of course). That will hopefully reduce the amount of fragmentation in the marketplace and give them time to develop new software features thoroughly.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

npark2012

Sep 19, 2012
Visit site
Hmmm, pretty bad I never picked up on the alphabetization scheme they are working until now... :confused:

LOL yeah not a lot of people know it. Donut, Eclair, Froyo, Ginger Bread, Honeycomb, Ice cream Sandwich, Jelly Been! (Key Lime pie?)

Oh and they are all desserts btw.

npark2012

Sep 19, 2012
Visit site
I guess you do have a point.
I have the ICS Lock screen.

Sent from my MZ604 using Android Central Forums

It's been so long since I had that old lock... if you have a pin, does it show the number pad when you wake up your device or do you have to use the circle first?

SpiralBorg

Feb 23, 2013
Visit site
It's been so long since I had that old lock... if you have a pin, does it show the number pad when you wake up your device or do you have to use the circle first?

Referring to the ICS Lock, that I'm using. I'll check soon, I don't use pins!

SpiralBorg

Feb 23, 2013
Visit site

Well no, when you wake the device up, it automatically shows you the key pad.
This could vary on different devices, I tried this on a ICS XOOM.

npark2012

Sep 19, 2012
Visit site
Well no, when you wake the device up, it automatically shows you the key pad.
This could vary on different devices, I tried this on a ICS XOOM.

I see, but even still, I miss the old lockscreen. It's actually faster for me to put my pin and go to camera than swiping from the right. It doesn't always register so it's frustrating. And I especially don't like those damn white brackets that show up for a split second when you wake the device.

I wish the number pad doesn't show up because I have dashclock widget and it looks cramped on the top above the keypad. If the keypad wasn't there it looks nice. :\

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
I'd be surprised if the Galaxy Nexus and everything newer didn't get it, but I'd bet against the Nexus S; though I expect it'll be ported to it quickly. I'll bet my socks that the Nexus 4, Nexus 7, Nexus 10 and Galaxy Nexus all have working Key Lime Pie ROM's within 48 hours of the posting of the code and/or someone having a device to strip it out of.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillyC