Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By Scott Kenyon
  • 1 Post By npark2012
  • 1 Post By npark2012
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Question Pre-order Nexus 7 2nd Generation?

I've been so on and off about buying a tablet. I always convince myself I don't need it, especially at some of the prices. I would only be using it for playing games and surfing the web, but I finally decided that I would get the Nexus 7 because it was cheap and would get what I needed done. Then I found out that the next generation of the Nexus 7 is supposed to be coming out sometime between May and July so I think I am going to wait for that.

My question though is there anywhere that I can pre-order the new Nexus 7 second-generation? Or is there anywhere that I can subscribe for updates of the Nexus 7? Thanks!

Global Posts
    2,204 Global Posts
    ROM
    MoDaCo Switch Beta 8

Default Re: Pre-order Nexus 7 2nd Generation?

The chances are extremely high this won't be possible until the announcement at IO.
    Ntchwaidumela likes this.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Quote Originally Posted by Uribam View Post
    The chances are extremely high this won't be possible until the announcement at IO.
    When is that?

ROM
    STOCK

Quote Originally Posted by bloodruns4ever View Post
    When is that?
    May 15
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Quote Originally Posted by npark2012 View Post
    May 15
    Oh ok cool, do you guys know, is 2nd gen definitely coming out soon? Or is it just rumored? Just want to see if it's worth it to wait or not.

ROM
    STOCK

Quote Originally Posted by bloodruns4ever View Post
    Oh ok cool, do you guys know, is 2nd gen definitely coming out soon? Or is it just rumored? Just want to see if it's worth it to wait or not.
    Well at this point until the IO it's STILL rumored but the sources and the fact that when you search for 2nd nexus 7 you get more than 1 page lol. So it's probably true. And it is about time for a new device anyways so yeah. I'd say wait because if it turns out to be just a rumor you can still get a nexus 7. no harm done.
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

Well at this point until the IO it's STILL rumored but the sources and the fact that when you search for 2nd nexus 7 you get more than 1 page lol. So it's probably true. And it is about time for a new device anyways so yeah. I'd say wait because if it turns out to be just a rumor you can still get a nexus 7. no harm done.
    Ok thanks a lot! Can't wait!

A lie repeated a thousand times is still a lie. It doesn't matter how many pages of results you get for "2nd nexus 7", they are all based on pure speculation. All the speculation is based on is that most tech products get refreshed every year, and the first Nexus 7 was announced at Google IO last year. I'd say just given those two facts it is likely there will be a new one announced at Google IO this year, but it isn't certain, they might decide to launch it later in the year instead, and no amount of speculation makes an announcement at Google IO more likely. It is just a rumour and nothing more than that.

ROM
    STOCK

Quote Originally Posted by retsaw View Post
    A lie repeated a thousand times is still a lie. It doesn't matter how many pages of results you get for "2nd nexus 7", they are all based on pure speculation. All the speculation is based on is that most tech products get refreshed every year, and the first Nexus 7 was announced at Google IO last year. I'd say just given those two facts it is likely there will be a new one announced at Google IO this year, but it isn't certain, they might decide to launch it later in the year instead, and no amount of speculation makes an announcement at Google IO more likely. It is just a rumour and nothing more than that.
    I never said it was true just because it has more than 1 pages on the search result.

No, you said
    ...but the sources and the fact that when you search for 2nd nexus 7 you get more than 1 page lol. So it's probably true.
    Your statement implies the number of search results adds weight to the validity of the rumours. I'm saying it is irrelevant.

Global Posts
    742 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock ROM/CyanogenMod 10

It would be stupid anyway, to pre order a tablet, that is rumor, it might not even come out.

Sent from my MZ604 using Android Central Forums
    I`m alive

Don't forget that the original N7 was heavily rumored until the announcement at I/O. Last year I was planning on purchasing a Samsung 7 Tab 2, but the rumors really started heating up about the N7. I'm glad I waited.

If you wait until the next best thing hits the market, then you'll always be waiting!

I was an "early adopter" on the N7 8GB and then saw the 8GB version get discontinued and then price drops, but IMHO, it was still worth getting it right away!

IMO, at this point I would wait until I/O to make your decision.

ETA: The "old" N7 will probably price drop after the "new" N7 is announced/released. I would just wait for I/O and then buy the "old" N7 32 GB.

ROM
    STOCK

Quote Originally Posted by retsaw View Post
    No, you said
    Your statement implies the number of search results adds weight to the validity of the rumours. I'm saying it is irrelevant.
    These are rumors.... everything you and I say is irrelevant... And also I said "So it's PROBABLY true." not "It's True." And again, since it is just a rumor still, there's no point in arguing because it will be irrelevant.

ROM
    STOCK

Quote Originally Posted by NealJ777 View Post
    Don't forget that the original N7 was heavily rumored until the announcement at I/O. Last year I was planning on purchasing a Samsung 7 Tab 2, but the rumors really started heating up about the N7. I'm glad I waited.

If you wait until the next best thing hits the market, then you'll always be waiting!

I was an "early adopter" on the N7 8GB and then saw the 8GB version get discontinued and then price drops, but IMHO, it was still worth getting it right away!

IMO, at this point I would wait until I/O to make your decision.

ETA: The "old" N7 will probably price drop after the "new" N7 is announced/released. I would just wait for I/O and then buy the "old" N7 32 GB.
    Exactly haha. And the iphones did the same thing. And the results were scary accurate from the rumors! haha.

You seem to be missing my point, but there is no point me repeating myself, so I won't.

they are all based on pure speculation. All the speculation is based on is that most tech products get refreshed every year