1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Chrome on Nexus not syncing

Hello,

Every time I try to turn Nexus Chrome sync on it will say "android system sync disabled please re-enable" and after researching this issue, I tried to reset the sync settings from Google Dashboard and sign out from all devices. That method has not worked. Chrome syncs works fine on my IPhone and IPad but only has issues with my Nexus 7. Anyone else having similar issues or have any suggestions other than re-set google dashboard sync settings?

Thanks,
    Benson

Default Re: Chrome on Nexus not syncing

Same thing here -- haven't figured it out yet, either. Hope someone will jump in with this.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

I tried all the suggested methods and could not get it to work. I went dash board, then I went to settings-account-google and tried to turn on sync for chrome but it would not let me. What fixed it for me was kind of flukey- I was using gmail and did a manual sync, then it would not let me manual sync because sync was "off" so it directed me to turn google sync on, and this time I was able to turn it on, I then went back to the settings-account-google and this time it let me turn sync on for chrome, and I've been fine ever since. Hope that works for you.

I stumbled onto something else that got it working. I installed one of the 'power tool' widgets and turned on sync with the widget. I was able to sync Chrome after that.
    Thanked by:

Thanks rjf111. I've done the same thing and now sync works.

It's exactly the case with my Galaxy S4 as well. Did you able to find a solution for sync for your device? For me I am being able to see the taps opened in my phone's chrome.

go to settings-->Google-->[your account]-->Check Chrome
    Thanked by:
    lmvine 

I was having a similar problem on my S4, no matter where i was looking in settings the sync button wouldnt work inside chromes settings. After a while I finally realized what my problem was, in the drop down notifications bar where Wi-Fi/GPS/Sound widgets etc... the one that says Sync was disabled. After re-enabling it, my problem was fixed.

thanks! that worked.

The "pull down" Sync toggle worked for me on my S4 as well. Never noticed that it was off, probably the power management turned it off when my batt was low.

Thanks!

Thumbs up Re: Chrome on Nexus not syncing

Thanks Boron Vorm, your solution helped me too! It is working now

The issue is that the phone itself (the hardware) has the ability to enable/disable sync. The sync setting within the Chrome app mirrors the hardware sync setting and will not override it. You have to enable sync in the hardware settings first, then enable in chrome. On my droid the sync icon looks like two arrows in a circle. Hope this helps someone in the future.

Great that work Borom

This workehd for me power tools widget

*facepalm* thanks that worked for me.

Thank you Vorn!

Silly settings...