screen causing battery drain

Spaciouz

Aug 31, 2012
Visit site
You'll need to go into your settings and put the screen brightness down.

Sent from my HTC Desire C using Android Central Forums

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
If your battery life isn't significantly worse than average, it's not necessarily a problem. If the screen is taking up a higher percentage of battery use, it may just be that your screen has been on a lot without other processes doing much of anything else. Remember that it's a percentage of use, not absolute use. What's your overall battery life been?

ojosazules88

Dec 30, 2012
Visit site
I have the brightness setting on very low in any case, the battery life lately is terrible, taking all night to charge 30% or so and then runs down very quickly.I have only used half the 32gb memory, I have installed Firefox and flash and this seems to have coincided with the awful battery life, is this possible? When I first got the n7, it charged while in use, now nothing, its almost becoming unusable.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Try installing Wake Lock Detector, let it run for about a day, then open it and see if anything is causing the device to wake up frequently. There are two main type of wake lock--full and partial. Full means the screen comes on, so check that first, to see if some app is mistakenly waking the device up and turning the screen on. Partial wake locks, which don't activate the screen, can still drain battery, so check that next.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781