- 1 Posts
Using a NEXUS 7 at work?
I work in Quality Control and we are looking to go mobile to record data. We will primarily be using Microsoft Office (excel and word) as well as sharing and collaborating over SharePoint. We will only be using these devices within the building and will have access to our network which a SharePoint site is already up and running.
Can this device use Microsoft Office? It cant be an alternative.
Does it have a handwriting recognition program already installed or would it need to be purchased separately? (specifically for excel, but not 100% necessary).
Most importantly, Is editing documents via SharePoint possible? (NOT GOOGLE DOCS) This will be our main task.
Thank you very much.
- 04-30-2013, 09:20 AM #2
- 04-30-2013, 10:00 AM #3
- 04-30-2013, 11:43 AM #4
- 458 Posts
Re: Using a NEXUS 7 at work?
Tablets are not great for creating content, but it sounds like you would be better suited with a windows tablet to get the full version of office.
I use my tablet for work but it is normally for taking notes in meetings, having documents to review and make markups (PDF), but no serious editing.
As for handwriting apps, I have never used anything that actually works well, but they exist. I find swype is the fastest way to take notes.
- By netposer in forum General News & DiscussionReplies: 10Last Post: 10-17-2013, 09:35 AM
- By clarker07 in forum Verizon Galaxy NexusReplies: 4Last Post: 05-31-2012, 04:53 PM
- By tony bag o donuts in forum Verizon Galaxy NexusReplies: 32Last Post: 04-10-2012, 02:49 PM
- By thedeadbaby in forum T-Mobile Nexus SReplies: 17Last Post: 12-21-2010, 01:24 AM
- By Jibeker in forum Google / HTC Nexus OneReplies: 3Last Post: 01-04-2010, 11:18 PM