Audio players don't recognize downloaded mp3

SameeraD

Apr 17, 2013
Visit site
Hi All,

All music players in N7 don't recognize any mp3 directly downloaded to the device. Both stock Play Music and Winamp. File manager shows mp3 ෆfiles and can be played selecting the option "open with". So it can't be something to do with the file. But neither of audio players doesn't recignize them.

Any one else having this problem and possible solution?

Thanks.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

professor_george

May 5, 2013
Visit site
I never had this problem before, but I tried to add new files to my phone and I can not get any media players to recognize them. I ran "Rescan SD" and "Rescan Media" and I still have nothing in my "Artist", Album" or "Songs" categories. But strangely under "Genres" I have a category called "Rock" and I can find all of my files there. I am using Android version 2.3.4.
I also can play the files by selecting them with a folder program, but the auto sync program does not find them. I just deleted some files that I had on my phone that the music players could see. I tried to put them back and now the phone will not recognize them. I even reboot the phone and unmounted and then mounted the SD card. Still no good.
I hope someone has an answer. Good Luck

Joamin Aresgado

Nov 18, 2021
Visit site
Hi All,

All music players in N7 don't recognize any mp3 directly downloaded to the device. Both stock Play Music and Winamp. File manager shows mp3 ෆfiles and can be played selecting the option "open with". So it can't be something to do with the file. But neither of audio players doesn't recignize them.

Any one else having this problem and possible solution?

Thanks.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

same here, it became worse as time goes by, first id does not put into library the mp3 files even though you already RESCANNED it, you have to go into file folders then OPEN WITH N7 - and thats the only way you could add it in N7 library (its fine with one or 2 songs, but if you downloaded like a dozen, then, its a bit of a task). NOW.. downloaded mp3 directly to device cannot be added into N7 library even if i already payed for premium and uninstalled and reinstalled it many times already, HELP. I LOVE how n7 is build and had listened to it for almost 10 years already.

Last edited by a moderator:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillyC