1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Offline Google Maps "Error loading.." Solved

I have downloaded several Google maps several times and it seems that they don't get saved properly. When I go back to the offline maps it says under each supposedly saved map in red "Error loading, tap to download".

I have repeated the map downloads several time as I mentioned above and later get the above error. Not sure what I am doing wrong. Can anybody help?
    Last edited by lmvine; 05-13-2013 at 04:17 PM. Reason: Solved issue

Default Re: Offline Google Maps "Error loading.."

Maps > options > Settings > Offline and cache > clear all map tiles. Then try again to download an area and see if you can restore it later.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Quote Originally Posted by Groid View Post
    Maps > options > Settings > Offline and cache > clear all map tiles. Then try again to download an area and see if you can restore it later.
    Tried that and loaded another map and after running Mobilecare (also known as Advanced System Care) it wipes out the data. A cache scan & clean in my Go launcher also wipes the data.
    When I download a map it says saved to device but the save of data is deleted or corrupted so is the issue with Google maps or the cleanup processes??

I was just hoping to hear what happens if you don't run Mobilecare(?) or cache cleaning in GO after downloading map data. Obviously, there are things that can clear the map data besides the built-in process. But can you restore cached map data if you don't run any of the cleaners? That would tell you if the cleanup process is the problem.
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Cleanup process is definitely the issue. Why should it do that? If map was saved to device as it says after downloading, how can it be destroyed. Interesting that the map name remains but says "error downloading tap to download". When you tap, it starts the complete map download. Turning the N7 off & back on doesn't seem to cause the issue. Anybody see anything similar??
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

Solved the issue. Found out that Google stores offline maps in cache and you can turn off cache scan in Mobilecare.

Google needs to store offline maps in permanent storage not cache. Are you listening Google??

Global Posts
    170 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by lmvine View Post
    Are you listening Google??
    I hope so.