Rainbow scratch on nexus 7 screen.

Apr 21, 2013
Visit site
Okay so I have a nexus 7 of course. But in the middle of the screen there's a rainbow colored scratch 1 cm long in the middle of the screen. I tried to clean the screen but nothing happened. Is there any way to get rid of it without some expensive product. Its not that noticeable but on a white screen I can't do anything but stare at it while its there... :(

cordoni

Oct 6, 2010
Visit site
Try a wet apply screen protector like a Zagg. They will sometimes cover up minor scratches to them being unnoticeable.

Posted via Android Central App

Diknak

Dec 9, 2012
Visit site
Yeah, I had some minor scratches on mine and I got a screen protector and now they are completely unnoticeable.

If it is showing some kind of rainbow effect, it might be pretty deep though.

Diknak

Dec 9, 2012
Visit site
if it is too deep, then a screen protector might not make it unnoticeable. Screen protectors go for about $15, so it isn't too expensive to try.

asus_usa

Jul 17, 2012
Visit site
If there is a rainbow effect, then the scratch might be pretty deep, deep enough for light to be reflected through it. Sometimes cracks in the screen can cause this effect too. Normal screen protectors, most likely won't hide it; but I would definitely try the wet-apply ones as cordoni suggested. The material is a little thicker and might stop the light reflecting effect.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463