No New Nexus 7!

MJKearney

Jul 31, 2012
Visit site
The Google I/O keynote is almost over and it appears there will be no new Nexus 7 announced. :mad: :eek: Well, I guess the silver lining is one less purchasing decision to make for now. I'm sure something will be announced in the months to come, just as sure as I was that it would be announced at Google I/O.

(But at least you can get a Samsung S4 with pure Android for a mere $649. Yikes! That's some expensive plastic compared to the N4!)

Wildo6882

Aug 13, 2010
Visit site
Yeah, I was really hoping for a new Nexus 7. I was going to buy it the second I could. I wonder if there will be a later announcement or anything like that? Or I guess I could just purchase an N10.

RichardRight

Banned
Jul 20, 2012
Visit site
My theory is that Google considers Amazon more of a competitor and that they will release it in time to compete with the new Kindle Fire in the fall.

Saturn1217

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
So so glad I took my Nexus 7 off craigslist. I know a lot of people who were trying to sell their tablets before Google I/O must be pissed!

And yeah I am kind of disappointed. Of all the things that I thought might or might not happen at Google I/O I thought the updated Nexus 7 was sure to be there. But I guess this is ok too. I don't need any excuses to spend more money. Only vaguely interested in a couple of the things they presented today (I don't use social services period) so yeah kind of a let down. I hope the updated Nexus 7 (if it even exists) is released before the iPad mini2 so I can make an informed decision.

smooth3006

Oct 21, 2011
Visit site
I really wanted a updated nexus 7. I guess everything we have heard "rumor wise" was BS. My nexus 7 lags like hell to. Im kinda upset they didnt announce anything but that google s4. What happened to android 4.3 or android 5.0? Wheres that nexus 4 with lte? No mention of the new moto x phone either. Bad keynote this year.

Hopefully jerry or phil can chime in.

Forfaden

Oct 23, 2012
Visit site
I am massively disappointed about this. I have been waiting for so long to buy a nexus 7. I didn't want to buy one and have the newer generation come out right after. Have been saving for months (just graduated from high school) They could have at least announced 4.3

chubb

Nov 3, 2010
Visit site
I'm so disappointed. I was ready to buy a refreshed N7 as soon as it hit the Play Store.

Highly unlikely it will be announced in the Google IO in the next 2 days....I would think that it would have been a showcase device in the keynote!

Maybe they are torturing us as a joke. Have everyone waiting for a N7, then make them wait until the very end of I/O. Kinda like Apples once humorous then lame, "Oh, and one more thing" at the very end. I was hoping for the N7-2 myself.

And no android 4.3. ITS REAL! it showed up on sooo many server logs! WHY DIDNT GOOGLE SHOW IT?

Maybe it wasn't ready for prime time yet, at least that is what I hope.

paul-c

Oct 19, 2011
Visit site
My theory is that Google considers Amazon more of a competitor and that they will release it in time to compete with the new Kindle Fire in the fall.

This makes lots of sense. Also, the original Nexus 7 is probably still selling well.

Sent from my Sony Xperia P

elvisgp

Jul 12, 2011
Visit site
Google I/O never was a place where they revealed new software/hardware anyway, with the exception of last year. The new version of android and the new nexus devices are usually released in the fall anyway.

dwd3885

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
i sold my N7 prior to I/O in anticipation of an update! So I'm thinking I'll go N10. I would say that if they didn't update the N7 now, they won't until Fall.

Bazza1

Apr 9, 2013
Visit site
Glad to see my purchase 6 weeks ago of a N7 means I'm not looking at an 'old' device. ;)

Buck up, everyone - you're sounding like Apple users....

Qbancelli

Mar 24, 2010
Visit site
Google just pulled an Apple from 2 years ago with Siri.

I was so pumped about a new higher res Nexus 7.
Sold my Galaxy Tab 10.1 two months ago and was ready to buy it as soon as it was available.
No hardware announcement was a HUGE FAIL as far as I'm concerned. Don't give a you know what about Google Hangout and all that other stuff!

Oh well, I guess I'll give my money to someone else....

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
be1digital