Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree39Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default No New Nexus 7!

The Google I/O keynote is almost over and it appears there will be no new Nexus 7 announced. Well, I guess the silver lining is one less purchasing decision to make for now. I'm sure something will be announced in the months to come, just as sure as I was that it would be announced at Google I/O.

(But at least you can get a Samsung S4 with pure Android for a mere $649. Yikes! That's some expensive plastic compared to the N4!)
    Darth Spock likes this.

Global Posts
    342 Global Posts

Default Re: No New Nexus 7!

I'm so disappointed. I was ready to buy a refreshed N7 as soon as it hit the Play Store.

And no android 4.3. ITS REAL! it showed up on sooo many server logs! WHY DIDNT GOOGLE SHOW IT?

Ik!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Is there no chance of it being revealed later? I'm very dissapoint. I was hoping to see this before retina ipad mini

Yeah, I was really hoping for a new Nexus 7. I was going to buy it the second I could. I wonder if there will be a later announcement or anything like that? Or I guess I could just purchase an N10.

My theory is that Google considers Amazon more of a competitor and that they will release it in time to compete with the new Kindle Fire in the fall.
    DestinedtoGame likes this.

So so glad I took my Nexus 7 off craigslist. I know a lot of people who were trying to sell their tablets before Google I/O must be pissed!

And yeah I am kind of disappointed. Of all the things that I thought might or might not happen at Google I/O I thought the updated Nexus 7 was sure to be there. But I guess this is ok too. I don't need any excuses to spend more money. Only vaguely interested in a couple of the things they presented today (I don't use social services period) so yeah kind of a let down. I hope the updated Nexus 7 (if it even exists) is released before the iPad mini2 so I can make an informed decision.
    Darth Spock likes this.

ROM
    4.1.2 stock JB

Maybe tomorrow? 2 more days, right?

Quote Originally Posted by skyrockett View Post
    Maybe tomorrow? 2 more days, right?
    Highly unlikely it will be announced in the Google IO in the next 2 days....I would think that it would have been a showcase device in the keynote!
    Thanked by:

I really wanted a updated nexus 7. I guess everything we have heard "rumor wise" was BS. My nexus 7 lags like hell to. Im kinda upset they didnt announce anything but that google s4. What happened to android 4.3 or android 5.0? Wheres that nexus 4 with lte? No mention of the new moto x phone either. Bad keynote this year.

Hopefully jerry or phil can chime in.

I am massively disappointed about this. I have been waiting for so long to buy a nexus 7. I didn't want to buy one and have the newer generation come out right after. Have been saving for months (just graduated from high school) They could have at least announced 4.3

ROM
    Stock Xoom, Nexus 4 AOKP

Quote Originally Posted by Choorp View Post
    I'm so disappointed. I was ready to buy a refreshed N7 as soon as it hit the Play Store.
    Quote Originally Posted by pbelfi View Post
    Highly unlikely it will be announced in the Google IO in the next 2 days....I would think that it would have been a showcase device in the keynote!
    Maybe they are torturing us as a joke. Have everyone waiting for a N7, then make them wait until the very end of I/O. Kinda like Apples once humorous then lame, "Oh, and one more thing" at the very end. I was hoping for the N7-2 myself.

Quote Originally Posted by Google4Lifee View Post
    And no android 4.3. ITS REAL! it showed up on sooo many server logs! WHY DIDNT GOOGLE SHOW IT?
    Maybe it wasn't ready for prime time yet, at least that is what I hope.

I am hoping they release at least N7 II with 4.2.2
    Darth Spock likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by RichardRight View Post
    My theory is that Google considers Amazon more of a competitor and that they will release it in time to compete with the new Kindle Fire in the fall.
    This makes lots of sense. Also, the original Nexus 7 is probably still selling well.

Sent from my Sony Xperia P
    Thanked by:
    Darth Spock likes this.

Global Posts
    677 Global Posts
    ROM
    Carbon Rom

Google I/O never was a place where they revealed new software/hardware anyway, with the exception of last year. The new version of android and the new nexus devices are usually released in the fall anyway.

Global Posts
    519 Global Posts

i sold my N7 prior to I/O in anticipation of an update! So I'm thinking I'll go N10. I would say that if they didn't update the N7 now, they won't until Fall.

Global Posts
    701 Global Posts

Glad to see my purchase 6 weeks ago of a N7 means I'm not looking at an 'old' device.

Buck up, everyone - you're sounding like Apple users....

Slightly disappointed there's no new Nexus 7 yet but not a big deal. Hopefully something to look forward to later in the year.
    Darth Spock likes this.

Google just pulled an Apple from 2 years ago with Siri.

I was so pumped about a new higher res Nexus 7.
    Sold my Galaxy Tab 10.1 two months ago and was ready to buy it as soon as it was available.
    No hardware announcement was a HUGE FAIL as far as I'm concerned. Don't give a you know what about Google Hangout and all that other stuff!

Oh well, I guess I'll give my money to someone else....
    Last edited by Qbancelli; 05-15-2013 at 10:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Qbancelli View Post
    Google just pulled an Apple from 2 years ago with Siri.
    At least they're consistent, since we've also seen the launch of the galaxy S3 "s" and the S3sGE this year.

Sent from my (fill in the blank) phone using (fill in the blank software)
  22. Thread Author  Thread Author    #22  

Quote Originally Posted by Qbancelli View Post
    No hardware announcement was a HUGE FAIL as far as I'm concerned. Don't give a you know what about Google Hangout and all that other stuff!
    Oh well, I guess I'll give my money to someone else....
    Although I was mildly disappointed, I wasn't completely surprised and don't look at it as a "fail". Keep in mind that the event is the Google developers conference, not hardware engineers conference. Last year's unusual hardware announcements were widely leaked ahead of time, while this year there were only wishful rumors.

Also, the hardware last year made sense, as Google really needed something to promote the Android ecosystem and encourage developers. All that hardware from last year is still relevant in terms of its technical specs, so the need for a May announcement of new products wasn't very pressing. Android has solidified its presence so significantly during the past year that new or updated Nexus hardware really wasn't a priority.

Lastly, I doubt that Google cares if you give your money to someone else when buying a tablet, as long as it's an Android tablet. They don't really make any money from selling hardware, which is why this year's conference is, for the most part, about the things they do make money on.

With all that said, it was still kind of a bummer that no N7 announcement was made. Here's hoping for summertime!
    Thanked by 2:

Quote Originally Posted by Google4Lifee View Post
    Could be some kid faking user strings. Easy enough to do.

I think it's more probable that 4.3 simply isn't ready yet.
    Darth Spock and mr_nobody like this.

Global Posts
    5,721 Global Posts
    ROM
    Assassin 'Droid

I would have bought it if it was ready, will probably still get it when it is. I was also surprised, but if waiting means more polish, I'm a fan.

​Obvious statement: Why, I am an assassin 'droid, Master.
    May the Force Be With You

Community Rules & Guidelines​
    (Formerly "NothingIsTrue")

ConTejas likes this.

Wanted a nexus 7 with micro HDMI
    dickda1 likes this.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast