Play Store has disappeared from my Nexus 7

Shirrazz

May 19, 2013
Visit site
Hello. I fired up the tablet this morning only to find that the Google Play/App Store icon is GONE from my home screen. I looked in my apps list and it's not there, either. I called Google who told me that the only way to get it back is with a factory reset. All of my other apps are in their place and working just fine so I can access the Play Store from the browser, but I find this situation a bit irritating. Does anyone have any suggestions other than the FDR? :mad: Thank you!

2defmouze

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site
Did you disable it by accident? Go to Settings, Apps, All and scroll to the bottom to see disabled apps and reenable it if it's there.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

Shirrazz

May 19, 2013
Visit site
Well, now, don't *I* feel stupid!! That's exactly what it was, 2defmouze, thank you!!! Makes one wonder why the Google support person didn't think to tell me about this?? THANK YOU!!

2defmouze

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site
Well, now, don't *I* feel stupid!! That's exactly what it was, 2defmouze, thank you!!! Makes one wonder why the Google support person didn't think to tell me about this?? THANK YOU!!

Yes odd that they didn't think of that.. Oh well, glad I could help :)

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

bhanupriya25

Jun 13, 2013
Visit site
i didnt found any thing lyk u said... i didnt found disabeled apps at bottom..mine is Micromax a65 suddenly my playstore and watsup dissapeared :( what should i do please help me

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
What do you mean by Play Store and WhatsApp disappearing? Can you no longer find them in your All Apps list (by tapping that circular icon in the center of the bottom tray), or are they just gone from the homescreen? If they're gone from the homescreen but still visible in the All Apps list, you just inadvertently removed the shortcut--just long-press the app in the All Apps list, then drag it back to the homescreen.