Having a few problems with my nexus 7, help would be greatly appreciated.

charlieh1012

Oct 19, 2012
Visit site
Ok so these first 2 problems I can deal with, if it's an easy fix ill try it but it's not really a big deal I can live with them.

First, my tablets left side is a bit squeaky and seems like it isn't attacked properly but I don't think it will actually fall out so it isn't a big deal, next my tablet has a yellow tint on it, not all the time but sometimes it shows up, it isn't the whole screen that turns yellow just the bottom and left side get a bit of a tint every now and then.

Again those aren't all that big a deal unless they will seriously hurt my tablet in the future I'll probably send it in(I'm still under warranty)

This next problem though is getting to be a real bother and if anyone knows how to fix it I would really appreciate it if I can fix it myself that'd be great cause I don't really want to send it in I heard they'll hold onto it for a month or longer.

So my tablet won't charge properly, sometimes it charges like normal(goes up 3 or so percent over a ten minute period of being plugged in to the charger) however, sometimes it will take 10,15 or even 20 minutes to go up just 1 percent and sometimes(very rarely) it wont read the charger at all I'll plug it in and it acts as if it doesn't have the charger attached until I turn it off and on or un plug and plug back in this happens rarely but it does happen.

At first I thought maybe it was the outlet so I swapped it but that didn't fix, so I finally bought a brand new charger an official nexus 7 charger and that didn't even fix it so I think it may be my tablet.

I again tried different outlets but nothing fixes it, if anybody could help I would really appreciate it, I would hate to send it in because I don't want to lose all of my apps and data and books and everything else I have on here.

If I absolutely have to send it in for repair I will but if anyone can help me fix it on my own that would be much better, thanks!

asus_usa

Jul 17, 2012
Visit site
I think you should send it in for an RMA. You will be able to get all 3 issues fixed in one trip. The screen being loose was an issue we saw on some of the earlier units. Whole it is a little squishy, the screen will not fall out over time. The tint that you sometimes see on your display is likely due to a bad cable, or a bad cable connection. Both these can be corrected if you send it in.

Seeing as how the charger will sometimes charge and sometimes not, I would try to cold-boot the tablet a few times. I, honestly, think the battery cable is loose, but it is worth a shot cold-booting.

All of your data can be backed up. Your device will most likely be wiped if you send it in for servicing, but you can restore apps, books, data, ect, once you get it back. The only thing you really can't back up would be the Settings and the look and feel of how you arranged everything (widgets and such).

My advice would be to send it in. Barring any physical damage, your device is most likely still under warranty. The repair process usually takes about 14 days, depending on the issues/fixes. Please contact our support people and they can help set up an RMA for you.