sides of nexus 7 clicking

Joshua Lopez1

Jun 11, 2013
Visit site
i bought my nexus 7 tablet almost a year ago. I have used it quite a lot and I take the bus home and to school. The ride to and from them is a bumpy one and I think things started to shake around in my bag but I never had this problem before after going through so many rides. To the point, When I hold the tablet with both hands I can hear and feel the left side of the unit click as if the rubber piece is lifted out if it's place. I don't think it will bother me if I hear that it won't get worse but because of my ADD it bothers me a lot. Is there a way to fix it. and what is causing it. Is it a loose screw or have the points of where it gets secured to the rest of the unit worn out?

asus_usa

Jul 17, 2012
Visit site
It's possible that it could have gotten loose over time. I rarely see any instances of it, though. If there is a screen issue, it's usually loose from the beginning and won't get worse over time. If you are still within the warranty period, I would recommend sending it in for service and we can take a look at it for you.

Joshua Lopez1

Jun 11, 2013
Visit site
It was fine when I bought it. I guess it just started to get loose over time. I can't snap it back into place since I don't want to press on it real hard. I've seen people snap their tablets back into place with little effort but mine isn't snapping back into place and I still hear clicking after attempting it. Is there like a loose screw inside the unit which is accessible by taking the plastic backing off. This backing was designed to come off for repairs (by the technicians that do it, I am not in warranty period anymore by the way) and to change the battery. I tried opening it but I didn't want to force it so I gave up.:(

natehoy

Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
The back should simply pop off with little effort. Mine was a first batch unit (c60) and instead of swapping it I simply put it in a bamboo case from 10terra. No creaking, no build quality issues, and it looks and feels fantastic.

Sent from my LG-E980 using AC Forums mobile app

zkSharks

Retired Moderator
Mar 15, 2011
Visit site
The back of my Nexus 7 came off in several places a couple months back, and I had to put quite a bit of pressure on it to get it to pop back in correctly. Definitely much more pressure than I thought I'd have to use.

Perhaps the iFixit guide for the N7's rear panel might help out? I'd look around iFixit's images, instructions, and other guides to see if there's anything else helpful.