Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By asus_usa
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Nexus 7 e-reader?

Hi,
    Is it true that de Nexus 7 is well suited as an e-reader? Normally tablets loose that function in the outside due to the sunlight. How is the Nexus 7 doing?

Default Re: Nexus 7 e-reader?

I'd say it is about average in full light. You can read, but it's not optimum. Inside, it rocks. I don't find the backlight screen hard to read at all.
    Whatever the format, there are going to be trade-offs. My Kindle3 is great most of the time and is my go-to unit for reading. It shines when you are outside, but with a three-way bulb on high over my left shoulder and windows "back" lighting the unit from in front of me, I find it hard to read. Up in bed at night, with just a side table light, it's not that great either. The Nexus7 is much better.
    It is always about what is "right" for YOU.

The size of the Nexus 7 combined with the availability of several book stores make it a decent e-reader. The ergonomics make it comfortable to hold and the faux leather back makes it feels like you're carrying around a small leather bound book .

Only drawback is the back lit display being a little harder on the eyes than e-ink (I normally switch to white on black mode when reading) and of course it's harder to read in bright sunlight.

Sent from my Z10 using Tapatalk 2

I've tried reading ebook on both 7 and 10 inch tablets, and honestly, the 7 inch tablets are perfect for holding. The size and weigh make reading on a plane, bed, or sitting on the couch very comfortable. I've never really read outside so I can't comment on the screen, but size and weight-wise, it's very comfortable to hold.
    Tervz likes this.