How Do You Rename App Icons?

jdanniel

Sep 8, 2012
Visit site
I have a 16 GB Google Nexus 7. I've downloaded a few apps here and there, including the Amazon Kindle app.

I'd like to rename a few of the icons for these apps. I haven't figured out how to do this yet, or if it is even possible.

Is there a way to rename the app icons? I'd like to rename the Amazon Kindle icon to just Kindle, for example.

Thank you!

Jd

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
Using the Google AOSP stock launcher I'm not sure if its possible. However, if you try using a 3rd party launcher like Nova which I use, then a long press on the app icon will pop up a menu with the edit option and you can alter the icon name.

maxman1

Jul 11, 2012
Visit site
I use "QuickShortcutMaker" (available in the Play Store) for this on my phone. Check it out & see if it's not available for your Nexus as well - it works great. You can't rename the actual app in your app drawer but you can rename any app shortcut placed on a home screen.

Sent from my Droid RAZR MAXX using Tapatalk2

jdanniel

Sep 8, 2012
Visit site
It's not a big deal--not the end of the world. I can live with the icons as they are.

A follow-up question, though: Can I arrange the icons on my home screen so they are in alphabetical order? I mean, without having to move them all around by myself. Thanks again. Jd

RenoD2010

Mar 31, 2011
Visit site
Folder Organizer Pro works well for this. It's a nice app actually.

Sent from my LG-E970 using AC Forums mobile app

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
davisongeorge