Is AT&T SIM card included with AT&T version?

lancorp

Jun 3, 2013
Visit site
I feel stupid for asking this. When they first came out, I bought the AT&T version. Never used the AT&T though, as I have iPhones and iPads with broadband. I was "future-proofing" myself. :)
One day, I decided to figure out the AT&T broadband, and saw there was no SIM card in the Nexus 7. I rifled through the box and accessories (which I had put away safely) and nothing. No SIM card anywhere.

I contacted Google support and they said it comes with it, but they can't send me just a SIM card. They have to send a replacement unit. I finally received the replacement unit, and STILL, I cannot find a SIM card anywhere! No SIM card in the tray, and looking through all the pamphlets, etc., I cannot see a SIM card. There is a SIM card opener, and the instructions tell how to install one, but where the heck is the SIM card????

This is frustrating. Google told me that AT&T would not give me one, so I haven't pursued that. Searching has not turned up anyone asking where the SIM card is, so I assume it DOES come with one.

If so, where is it kept in a new unit?

Thanks.

Michael Vieux

Mar 22, 2013
Visit site
I would think that when you opened an account with at&t they should have given you a sim.
At least when I purchased a Samsung tablet that's what Sprint did.

Posted via Android Central App

japetty

Jan 5, 2012
Visit site
I feel stupid for asking this. When they first came out, I bought the AT&T version. Never used the AT&T though, as I have iPhones and iPads with broadband. I was "future-proofing" myself. :)
One day, I decided to figure out the AT&T broadband, and saw there was no SIM card in the Nexus 7. I rifled through the box and accessories (which I had put away safely) and nothing. No SIM card anywhere.

I contacted Google support and they said it comes with it, but they can't send me just a SIM card. They have to send a replacement unit. I finally received the replacement unit, and STILL, I cannot find a SIM card anywhere! No SIM card in the tray, and looking through all the pamphlets, etc., I cannot see a SIM card. There is a SIM card opener, and the instructions tell how to install one, but where the heck is the SIM card????

This is frustrating. Google told me that AT&T would not give me one, so I haven't pursued that. Searching has not turned up anyone asking where the SIM card is, so I assume it DOES come with one.

If so, where is it kept in a new unit?

Thanks.

You sim will be given to you by at&t when you sign up for month to month service from at&t.

anon(5719825)

Retired Moderator
Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
I ordered mine with an AT&T sim and the sim card and instructions came packed in an envelope as shown here.

You go to https://buyasession.att.com to sign up for service. Just like the Nexus 4 phone, the Nexus 7 is unlocked and you can use it with any GSM carrier. I go back and forth between AT&T and T-Mobile.

Attachments

• photo-16.jpg
    photo-16.jpg
    718.5 KB · Views: 7

lancorp

Jun 3, 2013
Visit site
I ordered mine with an AT&T sim and the sim card and instructions came packed in an envelope as shown here.

You go to https://buyasession.att.com to sign up for service. Just like the Nexus 4 phone, the Nexus 7 is unlocked and you can use it with any GSM carrier. I go back and forth between AT&T and T-Mobile.

Thanks. It's obvious, given what you received, that the SIM card and literature just isn't included in my box (again). I can't freakin' believe I'd get the same thing twice. :mad:

And thanks for the other's input. I will try going to an AT&T store and see if I can't get a SIM from them instead of waiting for Google Play Store to figure out the mess.

If it's true, and I can just get a card from AT&T, then I give very little credit to Google support. As it is, with the conversations I've had with them, it seems they really don't know (with any degree of confidence) what they are talking about.

Farish

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site
Thanks. It's obvious, given what you received, that the SIM card and literature just isn't included in my box (again). I can't freakin' believe I'd get the same thing twice. :mad:

And thanks for the other's input. I will try going to an AT&T store and see if I can't get a SIM from them instead of waiting for Google Play Store to figure out the mess.

If it's true, and I can just get a card from AT&T, then I give very little credit to Google support. As it is, with the conversations I've had with them, it seems they really don't know (with any degree of confidence) what they are talking about.

From personal experience ATT is really good about giving you a sim card on the spot.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nanran21