Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By anthony2558
  • 1 Post By B. Diddy
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default android keyboard not working

help! how do i reinstall my android keyboard? i keep getting a message that says "unfortunately, android keyboard has stopped"

Global Posts
    1,540 Global Posts
    Carrier
    Stock

Default Re: android keyboard not working

U can try menu, settings, apps, all apps, Google keyboard, clear cache, force stop and then retry. Or go back to the app store and click on the download for the app and open it. It should ask you to re set it up.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 4 Beta
    Steve Doroff likes this.

my android keybord is not working and could not be accessed by my computer too

Welcome to Android Central! Can you give us more details? Is it the main Google Keyboard app that you're trying to use? Are you ever able to use it, or does it only fail sometimes? Has it been updated to the most recent version?
    rxgadget likes this.

My keyboard is always force closing when i post/commenting in facebook. my phone is Smartfren Andromax G 2

I found that if you go to settings, apps, all apps and then to google keyboard you can uninstall updates and then it returns to factory setting. Worked on mine.

you are a genius mannnnn thanks!!!

you are a genius mannnnn thanks!!

I TOO HAVE THAT PROBLEM. tHE OTHER DAY IT WAS UPGRADED FROM 4.3 TO 5.0 AND TODAY THE KEYBOARD STOP WORKING (DOES NOT COME UP TO TYPE)?

i HAVE UNINSTALLED AND REINSTALLED AND DONE ALL BUT STILL NOT WORKING?

Found the problem.
    The mic/speaker was turned on, once off the keyboard can right up.

I got mine working.

My android was un-usable. I tried all the options on this site and many other forums. I set the unit back to factory defaults but it still wouldn't work.

I could not get on the internet to get a new update because I couldn't use my keyboard to type the password to my router to setup the connection (sound familiar...lol). I ended up using the voice recognition software to get a password entered and get re-connected to the net. Then I did the factory reset and the update (under "about kobo arc 7" under settings (near the bottom)).

Its working fine now including the keyboard. The update took less than 10 minutes over wireless...

Quote Originally Posted by jrlatorre2 View Post
    help! how do i reinstall my android keyboard? i keep getting a message that says "unfortunately, android keyboard has stopped"

I had the same problem, with my Moto G2. I did the above. Additionally I had to go to the settings > Personal > Language & input > Keyboard &input methods and then select the google keyboard before things work. Earlier even the keyboard was not showing up in the list of running apps. Now everything works fine.

Moto G 3rd Gen. Thanks very much, fault driving me crazy, now cleared with your method.
    Best wishes for that.

Quote Originally Posted by varmanguitar View Post
    I found that if you go to settings, apps, all apps and then to google keyboard you can uninstall updates and then it returns to factory setting. Worked on mine.

I also deleted the keyboard updates, 5.0, but it just happened again. I've had to delete them twice. How can I stop Google from downloading any time they want?

my google keyboard has stop working on my tablet

Post Re: android keyboard not working

I had to bring back my tablet to factory setting and when I tried to connect my keyboard to it again it won't work. I lost my keyboard instructions from a year ago.
    Help!:-