Nexus 7 vs Samsung Galaxy Tab 2???

neils0911

May 28, 2012
Visit site
Hi all, I thinking about purchasing my first android tablet and cannot decide between the samsung galaxy tab 2 and the Nexus 7. There aren't many comparison videos on youtube so I was wondering if anyone on here could give me an honest opinion on which one is better. Ive seen very mixed reviews about the Nexus 7 and the galaxy tab is ?50 cheaper in the UK, but i cant help but like the look of clean, stock android. Can anyone help who has owned one of these devices?

pbelfi

Jun 18, 2012
Visit site
I personally don't own a Galaxy 2 tablet, but my son in law does and I've used it a lot......To me it is a very nice tablet with some features that the Nexus 7 ( micro SD slot, HDMI, etc) lacks. Some people don't like the touch wiz included with the Samsung Galaxy, but being a long time user of Samsung cell phones, I actually like it.....Of course the Nexus 7 has pure Android, and I find it snappy and simple! Also with the Nexus 7 you'll have the latest and the greatest version of Android, compared to waiting for Samsung to push down updates to the operating system.

Just one other thing to keep in mind before you make your purchase of either tablet......both Samsung and Google are coming out with their new tablets, an they should be compatible price wise with the models that are put there now..you may want to wait a short time before buying a Nexus 7 or a Galaxy 2.......Good luck!

Sent from my Nexus 7 using AC Forums mobile app

Last edited: