- 91 Posts
OT: cheap tablet dedicatd to GPS use?
I sometimes use my precious N7 as a GPS in the car. Emphasis on precious!
My wish is to find a cheap (smaller, worry-free) Android device with onboard GPS chip to dedicate almsot exclusively to navigation plus a handful of apps.
Why not a cheap GPS: reading some reviews some are not even that good a recalculating routes when going off-track, which I find ridiculous. Could it be an on-board computing power limitation, perhaps..?
- 07-04-2013, 10:07 AM #2
- 07-04-2013, 01:32 PM #4
- 07-05-2013, 02:06 PM #5
Re: OT: cheap tablet dedicatd to GPS use?
If it is just going to be a GPS why not get a dedicated unit? Built in maps are much better than downloading. Also, you can get a number of units with lifetime free map upgrades.
As far as dedicated units experiencing problems with recalculating routes when going off-track, my Garmin Nuvi does not seem to have that issue.
- By ansa82 in forum Verizon Galaxy Note 2Replies: 7Last Post: 08-11-2014, 03:26 PM
- By RootNoob1299 in forum LG myTouchReplies: 14Last Post: 07-12-2013, 12:02 AM
- By Kris Inman in forum Verizon Samsung Galaxy S4Replies: 8Last Post: 07-06-2013, 11:07 PM
- By Xhanah Hersan in forum General Help and How ToReplies: 1Last Post: 07-04-2013, 10:34 PM
- By misime1964 in forum Samsung Galaxy 3Replies: 2Last Post: 07-04-2013, 07:19 AM