Some few questions?

jomarr

Jan 30, 2013
Visit site
Hi guys, I recently bought a Nexus 7 (Can't help it)

I am LOVING it so far but I have a few questions :D

1. The battery is alright but just today after work I turned on my tablet and it had 16% remaining battery life. I used it for more or less an hour and it went down to 4%. Is that normal? I just browsed a little, downloaded tiny apps in the play store with screen brightness at 45%, just took a few screenshots (that I will be posting later on). I didn't play games. My GPS is turned on because for some strange reason the weather app 'Eye in Sky' can't publish the weather of the place I chose. The app wants me to turn on Location Services so it can add weather to my current (sorry but it's inaccurate in my case) place. I need a new weather app as well.

2. It's not bothering me that much but I recently added a widget for "My Library" and the album art doesn't show up. Is there a way to let them appear in the widget. In the main app it's doing fine with all the album covers but when I added the widget, it's blank (only with the headphones icon)

Here are a few screen caps:
2qtz9ja.png

t8lpwk.png

-- How can I put the artist/band's photo in replacement of the headphone icon?

3. Sorry for being a noob but how can I post a new thread here on Android Central using Tapatalk? I can't seem to find it.

4. Any games/apps that you guys would recommend? I have a lot of free games and bought Asphalt 7. I will be buying Grand Theft Auto tomorrow. Also, the Emulator is one of the most awesome apps ever. It's brilliant! I guess I wont be needing the PSP anymore. I think I can do this on my iPhone but I don't wanna jailbreak it and with Android you can use emulators without rooting. I'm not much of a power user so I really wont root my device anytime soon.

5. Is it okay to leave my tablet charging overnight? I did it once already (and doing it now) and I saw some threads here in AndroidCentral that it's okay but I want another confirmation :D

6. I am a music buff and I came across this iSyncrforiTunes app. Since I came from iOS (and still am) I am wondering if the app actually works. I don't really need to use my tablet for playing music that much but since I came across the app I was just wondering if I could sync my playcounts to iTunes successfully with it. It really would be awesome if it did since I want all my plays to be in sync with my iTunes and last.fm.

I really love this device. It's a steal for 200 bucks. I can't say much for the battery since Idk if it's bad or good but everything works very well for me. I am a new Android user besides playing with my dad's Galaxy Tab 8.9 before but so far I'm loving Android and probably much more than iOS. iOS bores me a little now but I still love the fluidity of it and the huge number of apps. I will be completely honest that I may have overlooked Android before and listen to stereotypes by other people. So far so good. I am loving the customization and the things I can do with it that my iOS device can't but iOS is still more fluid and smooth for me. My Nexus 7 lags every now and then but it doesn't bother me at all. Maybe I'd consider an Android Phone for my next upgrade!

Thanks for the help guys! :) It's much appreciated.

EDIT: I have Android JB 4.2 Installed if that helps.

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
1. The battery is alright but just today after work I turned on my tablet and it had 16% remaining battery life. I used it for more or less an hour and it went down to 4%. Is that normal? I just browsed a little, downloaded tiny apps in the play store with screen brightness at 45%, just took a few screenshots (that I will be posting later on). I didn't play games. My GPS is turned on because for some strange reason the weather app 'Eye in Sky' can't publish the weather of the place I chose. The app wants me to turn on Location Services so it can add weather to my current (sorry but it's inaccurate in my case) place. I need a new weather app as well.
Going off what you described, I'm looking at your GPS being on and that being a cause of your battery drain. Everything else sounds fine. Could you provide a few screenshots of your Battery usage/stats under Settings>Battery> ?

3. Sorry for being a noob but how can I post a new thread here on Android Central using Tapatalk? I can't seem to find it.
You need to access Tapatalks submenu when your at the forum of choice. You will get a pop up menu and see the option New Topic. See the screenshot below.
y5u6y7a2.jpg

4. Any games/apps that you guys would recommend? I have a lot of free games and bought Asphalt 7. I will be buying Grand Theft Auto tomorrow. Also, the Emulator is one of the most awesome apps ever. It's brilliant! I guess I wont be needing the PSP anymore. I think I can do this on my iPhone but I don't wanna jailbreak it and with Android you can use emulators without rooting. I'm not much of a power user so I really wont root my device anytime soon.
Plenty of good games on the N7 to check out. Especially anything Tegra processor related.

5. Is it okay to leave my tablet charging overnight? I did it once already (and doing it now) and I saw some threads here in AndroidCentral that it's okay but I want another confirmation
Yes it should be fine. Any tablet normally takes longer from fully discharged to charged than a smartphone due to the size/capacity of the battery. It will only charge to a certain point and then just maintain the full charge from there. I've never had a problem leaving my N7 or any smartphone on chargers over night.

Battery life should be much better for you. If you can get us some pictures of your battery stats we can see more of what is going on and causing the battery loss. As for the lag you mentioned, yes it happens from time to time on the N7. I know its more common when downloading something and trying to multi task during the download. Some people have also commented lag from the stock OS launcher. I use Nova launcher (3rd party) from the Google Play Store and I rarely see lag using that launcher.

jomarr

Jan 30, 2013
Visit site
Thanks! Unfortunately, I forgot to take a screenshot of it last night and I charged it already. I will when I used up all the battery life! Thanks again :)

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
djaa7