NEXUS 7 Announcement coming

SuperXstyle

May 23, 2013
Visit site
There may be a few other minor things that I can't think of right now but I do use them both but I prefer the Mini. I've said it before on this site that had I bought the Mini first, I would not have bought the Nexus 7. I am still willing to give the next Nexus 7 a chance AFTER I read this forum to read reviews from people who bought it. I won't be one to buy it until then.

Thanks NexusGirl.... very useful indeed.
I am in a dilemma with my next tablet. iPad Mini is leading, but new N7.2 is a definite contender and may be one or two others...

Farish

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site
Not to derail this thread per say but putting in an alternative. i went out and got a Note 8 yesterday and I am really impressed and enjoying this tablet.

I understand there it is the most expensive comparing the iPad Mini and Nexus 7 but I really feel the Note 8 is a very solid performing device.

anon(5719825)

Retired Moderator
Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
Mhm, I saw you mentioning this a couple of times. This doesn't sound right at all, there must be an app that's killing you battery. I easily reach twice that time with screen brightness at roughly 20%.

It was like this even from day one when I barely had anything on the tablet. It;s never changed. There was a time when it was even worse so I was told to reset to factory. I added one app back at a time and the battery life was still 2-3 hrs usage if I was lucky. It still lasts a nearly a day between charges, I just can't use it much.

anon(5719825)

Retired Moderator
Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
Mhm, I saw you mentioning this a couple of times. This doesn't sound right at all, there must be an app that's killing you battery. I easily reach twice that time with screen brightness at roughly 20%.

You have to remember that I have the cellular version. That alone will eat up battery power.

anon(5719825)

Retired Moderator
Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
The cellular wont be used when the wifi kicks in. I sometimes stick my iPad 3 into airplane mode when watching stored media or playing games.
When I bought it, it came with an AT&T sim but got no data on AT&T while at home. I switched to T-mobile and loved the high speeds so much that I kept the WiFi off 24/7 because it was actually faster than my DSL speeds at the time. I now have 40Mbps on my DSL so I have started using WiFi while I am at home. Can't say that I have had better battery life yet.

pbelfi

Jun 18, 2012
Visit site
Not to derail this thread per say but putting in an alternative. i went out and got a Note 8 yesterday and I am really impressed and enjoying this tablet.

I understand there it is the most expensive comparing the iPad Mini and Nexus 7 but I really feel the Note 8 is a very solid performing device.

I looked at the Note 8 a little while ago and liked it a lot. I especially like the 8 inch size, and think it's the sweet spot for tablets.....that being said, I wasn't to crazy about the price....I really had no use for the pen, and was looking for a performance tablet more than a business type tablet. Then last week took a look at the Samsung Galaxy tab 3 7 and 8......The 7 was painfully slow and laggy for my liking.... compared to my N7 it was a total "dog." The 8 inch was much better performance wise, and I was almost ready to plunk my cash down to buy it, when all the rumors started to come out about the new N7.....even though it's not the 8 inch form factor I was hoping for, it definitely deserved a look see, just on the specification rumors alone.....maybe, just maybe, they will surprise us all, and come out with an 8 inch Nexus. Ya never know.....lol.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using AC Forums mobile app

ahaxton

May 10, 2010
Visit site
I would love a Note 8, but at literally twice the price of a Nexus 7, I can't get it past my wife, aka the Minister of Finance.

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
I would love a Note 8, but at literally twice the price of a Nexus 7, I can't get it past my wife, aka the Minister of Finance.

It's a very expensive stylus ;) ... Basically a $150 tablet with phone buttons and a $200 pen!

Transmitted through spacetime.

ahaxton

May 10, 2010
Visit site
It's a very expensive stylus ;) ... Basically a $150 tablet with phone buttons and a $200 pen!

Transmitted through spacetime.
That's pretty much my wife's feeling. Actual conversation:
Her: It's a $200 pen. Is a pen really worth $200?
Me: ... but it's a really cool pen.
Her: Oh, well alright then. ::rolls eyes::

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
samyblaze