NEXUS 7 Announcement coming

filking762

Apr 30, 2013
Visit site
Looking forward to it, whatever the specs are...
My current N7 has a blown speaker, and waiting for new release so when I go back to shop, they swap with new one.

Result.... :)

pbelfi

Jun 18, 2012
Visit site
If this is true....I'm in....snapdragon processor, upgraded screen, and 4 gigs of ram??? Worth every penny of the reported price hike.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using AC Forums mobile app

MAD THAD

Jul 8, 2013
Visit site
Definitely picking this up, I really want a tablet and this thing looks perfect. Just hope there's a Verizon 4g model.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using AC Forums mobile app

bearda

Jan 25, 2013
Visit site
Definitely picking this up, I really want a tablet and this thing looks perfect. Just hope there's a Verizon 4g model.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using AC Forums mobile app

Doubtful, given Google's previous experiences trying to update CDMA devices.

Diknak

Dec 9, 2012
Visit site
what? Those specs are different than what has already been leaked through the government filings. It was reported to have 2 gigs and now it has 4? That is a big difference. Also, it will be released in 2 days? I thought Google had an announcement on Wednesday (24th), so what the hell would they be announcing if their new device has already been released for 4 days.

This information just doesn't add up.

pbelfi

Jun 18, 2012
Visit site
what? Those specs are different than what has already been leaked through the government filings. It was reported to have 2 gigs and now it has 4? That is a big difference. Also, it will be released in 2 days? I thought Google had an announcement on Wednesday (24th), so what the hell would they be announcing if their new device has already been released for 4 days.

This information just doesn't add up.

Yea, I missed missed the part about it possibly being in stores on the 20th. That is very strange they would sell them even before an official announcment....let's hope that this info is even close to accurate...those specs sound very compelling.

filking762

Apr 30, 2013
Visit site
Just saw a N7 in tesco in UK, 32 gb, wifi for ?199 Thats a good price but it's the old one... Mine cost ?239 in march.

I'm guessing when released, the UK price will be ?249 for 32gb wifi, dropping ?10 for xmas....

retsaw

Jul 16, 2012
Visit site
It will be a bit more than a straight conversion (you have to account for VAT, US prices don't include sales tax), but consider that the first N7 was ?159 and, ?199 when the US prices were $199 and $249 you can make your own guess as to the UK prices from the leaked US prices. I'd go for ?185 and ?220, but I am just guessing.

RichardRight

Banned
Jul 20, 2012
Visit site
Anybody who remembers the furor last year when some stores were selling the original model before its official release date shouldn't be surprised at stores having it on the 20th before announced on the 24th

Unicorn Rancher

Jul 12, 2012
Visit site
Anybody who remembers the furor last year when some stores were selling the original model before its official release date shouldn't be surprised at stores having it on the 20th before announced on the 24th
Big time. I won't pre order anything from Google ever again. I got my N7 quicker and cheaper (no shipping, same tax) buying locally last year.

John-Smith

Jul 10, 2012
Visit site
Hehh.. I almost forgot about that whole fiasco. I was planning on getting the Nexus 7-2 as soon as it's available from Google Play.. But now that you mention it, I might just get it from a B&M store.

filking762

Apr 30, 2013
Visit site
Try Argos (if UK) Policy is replace or refund if faulty, so no return to maker..... So, fault within 1 year, new tab or money back. :) (Other stores may do same, but a lot will return for repair after 30 days)

Ravynmagi

Nov 11, 2010
Visit site
One good thing about buying it straight from Google is they'll handle RMAs very quickly if there are problems. If you buy it outside of Google Play, you'll have to deal with ASUS for RMA issues and they often take weeks.

pbelfi

Jun 18, 2012
Visit site
One good thing about buying it straight from Google is they'll handle RMAs very quickly if there are problems. If you buy it outside of Google Play, you'll have to deal with ASUS for RMA issues and they often take weeks.

Agreed....when I first got my N7, after about a month I had issues with the speakers....they blew out on me, through my own fault.....I contacted Google, and got a replacement tablet from them. I don't think it would have been that easy going through Asus.

pbelfi

Jun 18, 2012
Visit site

Hmmm. I Don't recall stores having Nexus 7s before it's official release date........which stores are we talking about?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bnutz