Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree9Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default NEXUS 7 Announcement coming

Hope this is true.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using AC Forums mobile app

Default Re: NEXUS 7 Announcement coming

Looking forward to it, whatever the specs are...
    My current N7 has a blown speaker, and waiting for new release so when I go back to shop, they swap with new one.

Result....
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

If this is true....I'm in....snapdragon processor, upgraded screen, and 4 gigs of ram??? Worth every penny of the reported price hike.

Definitely picking this up, I really want a tablet and this thing looks perfect. Just hope there's a Verizon 4g model.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using AC Forums mobile app

Global Posts
    288 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by MAD THAD View Post
    Definitely picking this up, I really want a tablet and this thing looks perfect. Just hope there's a Verizon 4g model.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using AC Forums mobile app
    Doubtful, given Google's previous experiences trying to update CDMA devices.

what? Those specs are different than what has already been leaked through the government filings. It was reported to have 2 gigs and now it has 4? That is a big difference. Also, it will be released in 2 days? I thought Google had an announcement on Wednesday (24th), so what the hell would they be announcing if their new device has already been released for 4 days.

This information just doesn't add up.
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

Quote Originally Posted by Diknak View Post
    what? Those specs are different than what has already been leaked through the government filings. It was reported to have 2 gigs and now it has 4? That is a big difference. Also, it will be released in 2 days? I thought Google had an announcement on Wednesday (24th), so what the hell would they be announcing if their new device has already been released for 4 days.

This information just doesn't add up.
    Yea, I missed missed the part about it possibly being in stores on the 20th. That is very strange they would sell them even before an official announcment....let's hope that this info is even close to accurate...those specs sound very compelling.

Any idea how much they will charge in UK or will it just be a case of oonverting the USD to GBP?

Just saw a N7 in tesco in UK, 32 gb, wifi for 199 Thats a good price but it's the old one... Mine cost 239 in march.

I'm guessing when released, the UK price will be 249 for 32gb wifi, dropping 10 for xmas....

It will be a bit more than a straight conversion (you have to account for VAT, US prices don't include sales tax), but consider that the first N7 was 159 and, 199 when the US prices were $199 and $249 you can make your own guess as to the UK prices from the leaked US prices. I'd go for 185 and 220, but I am just guessing.

Anybody who remembers the furor last year when some stores were selling the original model before its official release date shouldn't be surprised at stores having it on the 20th before announced on the 24th

Quote Originally Posted by RichardRight View Post
    Anybody who remembers the furor last year when some stores were selling the original model before its official release date shouldn't be surprised at stores having it on the 20th before announced on the 24th
    Big time. I won't pre order anything from Google ever again. I got my N7 quicker and cheaper (no shipping, same tax) buying locally last year.

ROM
    CM 9.1

Hehh.. I almost forgot about that whole fiasco. I was planning on getting the Nexus 7-2 as soon as it's available from Google Play.. But now that you mention it, I might just get it from a B&M store.

Try Argos (if UK) Policy is replace or refund if faulty, so no return to maker..... So, fault within 1 year, new tab or money back. (Other stores may do same, but a lot will return for repair after 30 days)

One good thing about buying it straight from Google is they'll handle RMAs very quickly if there are problems. If you buy it outside of Google Play, you'll have to deal with ASUS for RMA issues and they often take weeks.
    Ntchwaidumela likes this.

Global Posts
    5,746 Global Posts
    ROM
    Assassin 'Droid

2 days, 6 days ... as long as it's days...

​Obvious statement: Why, I am an assassin 'droid, Master.
    May the Force Be With You

Community Rules & Guidelines​
    (Formerly "NothingIsTrue")

hmm,
    Nexus72.com is now for sale.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails NEXUS 7 Announcement coming-nexus72.png  
  19. Thread Author  Thread Author    #19  

Quote Originally Posted by Ravynmagi View Post
    One good thing about buying it straight from Google is they'll handle RMAs very quickly if there are problems. If you buy it outside of Google Play, you'll have to deal with ASUS for RMA issues and they often take weeks.
    Agreed....when I first got my N7, after about a month I had issues with the speakers....they blew out on me, through my own fault.....I contacted Google, and got a replacement tablet from them. I don't think it would have been that easy going through Asus.

20. Thread Author  Thread Author    #20  

Quote Originally Posted by RichardRight View Post

Hmmm. I Don't recall stores having Nexus 7s before it's official release date........which stores are we talking about?

Quote Originally Posted by pbelfi View Post
    Hmmm. I Don't recall stores having Nexus 7s before it's official release date........which stores are we talking about?

Haha.. it was funny because almost everyone was selling the Nexus 7 before the people that pre-ordered it from Google Play even got theirs shipped. Google tends to mess up every Nexus launch a little, so something to be careful about. Costco, Staples, and Gamestop were at least three retailers I remember hearing about that started selling the device too early. Or allegedly too early, the actual release date was a bit fuzzy from Google.

Probably why Google isn't bothering with pre-orders this time around.

ROM
    Super Beans n Kernels

Quote Originally Posted by pbelfi View Post
    Hope this is true.

I find it amusing you linked to a site from the AC app that clearly credits AC for the leak...

Stores sometimes have had a stock of tablets before the release date but are required to "hide" them away until they are released for sale by the vendor. My sometimes faulty memory tells me that some N7s were sold last year in Tennessee a couple of days before the release date.

from a BB Playbook or HP Touchpad or N7

Quote Originally Posted by jpash549 View Post
    Stores sometimes have had a stock of tablets before the release date but are required to "hide" them away until they are released for sale by the vendor. My sometimes faulty memory tells me that some N7s were sold last year in Tennessee a couple of days before the release date.

from a BB Playbook or HP Touchpad or N7
    This certainly happened when the 32 gb models were released. I don't believe it happened at launch though...the issue there was that google was slow shipping pre-orders and then they showed up in stores...
  25. Thread Author  Thread Author    #25  

The spec. rumors seem to be getting better and better....now the new Nexus 7 is going to support slimport 1080p output to hdmi....also wireless charging...sounds like a great tablet if all these rumors hold true.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast