Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By tmaze
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Error installing 4.3, now what?

Notification said 4.3 was downloaded and ready to install. Things seemed to be going OK when the little Lloyd suddenly fell over with the dreaded red triangle over his belly and the word ERROR. After a few minutes the Nexus 7 rebooted to 4.2.2

Do I simply try again?
    If not, what?
    If I do try again and it freezes and stays frozen then what do I do?

thanks, tawney

Not rooted.
    Just checked and it says the system is up to date (with 4.2.2) -- huh?
    Do I not get 4.3 because there was an error installing. I guess time will tell, but any enlightenment is welcome.
    Last edited by tmaze; 07-26-2013 at 06:51 PM.
    Thanked by:

Default Re: Error installing 4.3, now what?

Follow the steps here in the first post.

Force the 4.3 OTA

Make sure you have a FULL CHARGE on your device and have a good network connection.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Thanks - no luck yet getting the update to show up again (quite a few tries). Will try again later.

Something I just thought of...since you've already downloaded the OTA and it errored out, try turning your N7 off and then turn it back on. Since the install file is already on the device, it should install automatically.
    Last edited by BartmanJax; 07-26-2013 at 07:32 PM.

Three same thing happened to me... A simple reboot did not do anything.

ROM
    CNA 3.5.0/Franco N248

You guys absolutely sure you are using the stock kernel for 4.2.2? You should probably try flashing it via WugFresh's Nexus Root Toolkit to be safe. That might be your problem.
    [making a phone so big] "you can't get your hand around it"[ helps, but that] "no one's going to buy that." - Steve Jobs

The reason we [won't] make a 7-inch tablet isnt because we dont want to hit [a lower] price point, Jobs said. Its because we think the screen is too small to express the software. As a software driven company, we think about the software strategies first. - again, Steve Jobs
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

I have rebooted and it still says that it is 4.2.2 and that the system is up to date. When I do the steps to force the update and get the 1969 date on the screen and tap 'Check for Updates' it just says that the system is up to date and was last checked at 'whatever the time is'.

If the update really did download and is on the system somewhere I have no idea how the install could be started again.

Posted via Android Central App

Same exact thing happened to me? This stinks

Stick, unlocked, rooted, and that's it. What's the deal?

Why is the right door always locked?
  9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #9  

Got the update to download - but the error occurred again.
    (Definitely not rooted.)

Succeeded with the forced download by turning Nexie off, rebooting, clearing data and force closing Google Services Framework. Then checked settings >Location Access and turned it to off. Then to the System Update - it worked. I had tried quite a few times before so those who haven't had luck yet - you still might succeed.

Right now, I'm bummed and calling it a day.

Posted via Android Central App

mine errored out and wont start back up, being stuck at the x boot up screen. i attempted to go into recovery, tried everything, nothing would get past the stupid X. i finally did a hard reset on nex. i havent rooted, and i'm sure there are ways to root and recover all my apps, but i only have a chromebook as a computing device and i dont think there's a way to do all that on it. so here i sit, with a factory reset original nexus 7 stuck at the X. i'll call it x of death. If anyone knows of a solution to make it work again, let me know.

Are you guys with errors using SuperSU? If so what version?

It seems like that the last couple versions touch a file used by OTAs. The Dev recommends using the "Full Unroot" option in the SuperSU app prior to accepting the OTA.
    Thanked by:
  12. Thread Author  Thread Author    #12  

Quote Originally Posted by Jaysus View Post
    Are you guys with errors using SuperSU? If so what version?

It seems like that the last couple versions touch a file used by OTAs. The Dev recommends using the "Full Unroot" option in the SuperSU app prior to accepting the OTA.
    Not rooted - no idea what Super SU is - plain vanilla unrooted Nexus 7 with 4.2.2
    fujifilm99 likes this.

Mee too resetting google service framework doesnt help. Just waiting :-)

Just has the same error trying to update to 4.3 (fallen over android with red triangle). Called Google Support who said it was a device problem (and would have given me a new one had I bought it through the play store). Called ASUS who said it was a software problem (and also that 4.3 hasn't been officially released for use on the Nexus 7 by ASUS). Told to wait until ASUS officially release 4.3.

Quote Originally Posted by stuartanicholson View Post
    Called ASUS who said it was a software problem (and also that 4.3 hasn't been officially released for use on the Nexus 7 by ASUS). Told to wait until ASUS officially release 4.3.
    Sorry for your issues but this part is just obscene...

I can't delete this wrong post :/
    Last edited by Gabriel Guimaraes; 07-30-2013 at 10:18 AM. Reason: delete

went to update to 4.3 on my N4 and got an error and face the same problems, just the google x at boot not going any further

so theres no work around with this? you kidding me? i have a dead phone?

Quote Originally Posted by pitchersduel View Post
    went to update to 4.3 on my N4 and got an error and face the same problems, just the google x at boot not going any further

so theres no work around with this? you kidding me? i have a dead phone?
    Flash the factory image... I had to do it last night
  19. Thread Author  Thread Author    #19  

Quote Originally Posted by stuartanicholson View Post
    Told to wait until ASUS officially release 4.3.
    Did they say how we would know when ASUS has officially released 4.3?

Quote Originally Posted by tmaze View Post
    Did they say how we would know when ASUS has officially released 4.3?
    Asus DOESN'T release OS updates on nexus devices, google does. The asus rep was talking crap...
  21. Thread Author  Thread Author    #21  

Quote Originally Posted by mr_nobody View Post
    Asus DOESN'T release OS updates on nexus devices, google does. The asus rep was talking crap...
    So, as suspected, some of us are stuck -- I was planning on getting a new Nexie after 3 or 4 months, but now I'm not so sure.

If you are having trouble applying the ota and you really want to upgrade to 4.3 you can try flashing the factory image via recovery. Otherwise, I'm not sure what else you can do...

I installed AT&T's 4.3 update yesterday. Turned off some of the battery draining things like Auto updates, Google+, and will toggle Locations on and off per use of GPS.

So far, no problems at all. Maybe they fixed the AT&T version since it came out.

I sure do appreciate all the hints and tips people have left on this thread and others about 4.3 trouble they were experiencing