failed 4.3 ota

amosque57

Jul 11, 2012
Visit site
so i was able to finally able to get the ota on my nexus 7 and after downloading and rebooting to install everything seems fine up until i get a prompt asking if i want to "install this untrusted zip", after selecting yes it proceeds for a second and then says update failed and reboots to 4.2.2. ive tried installing it via ota a few times and everytime the same problem happens. im stock rooted no fancy kernals or anything just completely stock and rooted i have clockworkmod recovery installed and thats where im getting the prompt. any help would be appreciated thanks.

anon5664829

Banned
Feb 6, 2013
Visit site
so i was able to finally able to get the ota on my nexus 7 and after downloading and rebooting to install everything seems fine up until i get a prompt asking if i want to "install this untrusted zip", after selecting yes it proceeds for a second and then says update failed and reboots to 4.2.2. ive tried installing it via ota a few times and everytime the same problem happens. im stock rooted no fancy kernals or anything just completely stock and rooted i have clockworkmod recovery installed and thats where im getting the prompt. any help would be appreciated thanks.
You need stock recovery as far as I know.

amosque57

Jul 11, 2012
Visit site
Is that really what I need? Because on the other otas I was able to update without a problem when rooted and cwm just prevented the stock recovery from being loaded and saved root unless it's completely different for 4.3

anon5664829

Banned
Feb 6, 2013
Visit site
Is that really what I need? Because on the other otas I was able to update without a problem when rooted and cwm just prevented the stock recovery from being loaded and saved root unless it's completely different for 4.3

Hmm I can't help you any further I'll give a shout to someone that can help you though.

Posted via Android Central App

Jaysus

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site

Are you guys with errors using SuperSU? If so what version?

It seems like that the last couple versions touch a file used by OTAs. The Dev recommends using the "Full Unroot" option in the SuperSU app prior to accepting the OTA.

amosque57

Jul 11, 2012
Visit site
i tried that option before posting this and i still had the same problem cwm recovery would then tell me i needed root and would then re root for me

2defmouze

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site
Yes you need stock everything, including recovery, to accept the OTA. In order to restore stock recovery you need to download the 4.2.2 factory image from Google. Unzip the contents and look for "recovery.img". Stick it in your platform-tools folder in your sdk or wherever you keep your fastboot executable file. Boot the device to the bootloader and simply flash the img using:
fastboot flash recovery recovery.img

Reboot and you should be good to go on the OTA, assuming everything else is stock on your device.

amosque57

Jul 11, 2012
Visit site
Yes you need stock everything, including recovery, to accept the OTA. In order to restore stock recovery you need to download the 4.2.2 factory image from Google. Unzip the contents and look for "recovery.img". Stick it in your platform-tools folder in your sdk or wherever you keep your fastboot executable file. Boot the device to the bootloader and simply flash the img using:
fastboot flash recovery recovery.img

Reboot and you should be good to go on the OTA, assuming everything else is stock on your device.

Thank you for the info i just went ahead and used a toolkit to take it all the way back to stock unrooted but now i know what to do when my galaxy nexus finally gets the ota

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol