failed 4.3 ota
so i was able to finally able to get the ota on my nexus 7 and after downloading and rebooting to install everything seems fine up until i get a prompt asking if i want to "install this untrusted zip", after selecting yes it proceeds for a second and then says update failed and reboots to 4.2.2. ive tried installing it via ota a few times and everytime the same problem happens. im stock rooted no fancy kernals or anything just completely stock and rooted i have clockworkmod recovery installed and thats where im getting the prompt. any help would be appreciated thanks.
- 07-27-2013, 04:27 AM #2
- 07-27-2013, 03:17 PM #4
- 07-27-2013, 08:39 PM #5
- 07-28-2013, 03:24 PM #7
Re: failed 4.3 ota
Yes you need stock everything, including recovery, to accept the OTA. In order to restore stock recovery you need to download the 4.2.2 factory image from Google. Unzip the contents and look for "recovery.img". Stick it in your platform-tools folder in your sdk or wherever you keep your fastboot executable file. Boot the device to the bootloader and simply flash the img using:
fastboot flash recovery recovery.img
Reboot and you should be good to go on the OTA, assuming everything else is stock on your device.
- 07-30-2013, 05:17 AM #9
- By CanvasOfLight in forum Google Nexus 4Replies: 114Last Post: 09-09-2013, 07:48 AM
- By xzb6np in forum Google Nexus 7 Tablet (2012)Replies: 5Last Post: 08-12-2013, 10:50 PM
- By droid83 in forum Google Nexus 7 Tablet (2012)Replies: 47Last Post: 08-01-2013, 06:39 PM
- By Pink in forum Samsung Galaxy S4 Rooting, ROMs & HacksReplies: 6Last Post: 07-29-2013, 01:14 AM
- By netstars22 in forum Google Nexus 7 Tablet (2013)Replies: 2Last Post: 07-26-2013, 09:49 PM