Did your N7 performance degraded over time?

tr-1

Jul 25, 2012
Visit site
I keep seeing articles poping up that the memory used in N7 is not of a good quality and that it's drastically slowing down the performance.
Is there a poll or something to confirm this?

jhilker

Trusted Member
Sep 21, 2009
Visit site
I've never seen a poll, but ever since I updated to 4.2.2, the tablet has seemed much laggier. Just received the 4.3 update, so I'm curious to see how it works now. I'm about to spring for the 32 gb 7.2 model of I don't see any improvement.

Sent from my HTCONE using Tapatalk 4 Beta

tr-1

Jul 25, 2012
Visit site
I've never seen a poll, but ever since I updated to 4.2.2, the tablet has seemed much laggier. Just received the 4.3 update, so I'm curious to see how it works now. I'm about to spring for the 32 gb 7.2 model of I don't see any improvement.

Sent from my HTCONE using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Yea, I got that lag too with 4.2.2 but clearing the cache solved it for me. Right now it's still working good but I do start to see lag opening up some apps.

justinangil

Feb 15, 2011
Visit site
4.3 seems less laggy to me as well. One annoyance I noticed with 4.2.2. was the keyboard took a while to pop up when I wanted to type in a URL in the browser. The keyboard in 4.3 pops up quicker

odd1ne

May 31, 2012
Visit site
Since the update the tablet feels brand new seems much more responsive

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

mrcraft2u

Jan 3, 2011
Visit site
I noticed that the lag was gone with using the app drawer and navigating settings menus and such.... But some apps would still lag when using them. I cleared the system cache and that helped quite a bit. Definitely smoother now...

Posted via Android Central App

1812dave

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
I keep seeing articles poping up that the memory used in N7 is not of a good quality and that it's drastically slowing down the performance.
Is there a poll or something to confirm this?

My N7 is so pathetic I have it on Craigslist right now. No one in their right mind will buy it, I'm sure. It's been up 1/2 the day and not a single bite. got it up for $120 with leather case and if someone wanted it but wants to dicker, I'd still expect to email me with an offer. this piece of hardware is lousy. period. Almost as bad as my Storm 2 or Bionic. see a theme here? I have bought 3 lousy products and only one good one--the Note 2, which is phenomenal.

1812dave

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
Since the update the tablet feels brand new seems much more responsive

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

just wait. it will deteriorate. I've had to do a FR 3 or 4 times to make it useable. I've had a Note 2 since launch day and it has never had any issues. No factory resets, no issues whatsoever. No wonder Samsung is mopping up the rest of the mfgrs with all of it's phones and tablets. they ARE superior.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
No problems for my N7, and 4.3 has definitely give it a nice boost. In my brief experience with Samsung tablets, I've always felt that TouchWiz made the interface kind of laggy in itself, but I haven't had long term experience with them. Please, let's not start a flame war over this.

1812dave

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
No problems for my N7, and 4.3 has definitely give it a nice boost. In my brief experience with Samsung tablets, I've always felt that TouchWiz made the interface kind of laggy in itself, but I haven't had long term experience with them. Please, let's not start a flame war over this.

My Note 2 is so much faster than my N7 on it's best day since I got it a few days after launch. no contest. fact; not flames.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Well, what you've posted is a little provocative. My plea for not starting a flame war was a general one to everyone (not an accusatory one to you), because I can sense that there will be a number of Nexus 7 fans who might take exception to what you're saying.

1812dave

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
Well, what you've posted is a little provocative. My plea for not starting a flame war was a general one to everyone (not an accusatory one to you), because I can sense that there will be a number of Nexus 7 fans who might take exception to what you're saying.

this isn't flaming. it's just an explanation of the issues with my N7. you are making up "flaming" in your own head. I'm just telling it like it is. My N7 has been a problem child since I bought it. stop using the "f" word, please! You can recount YOUR experience, just like I did. that isn't what constitutes a FW. relax

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
My friend, I'm way relaxed. And I wasn't calling what you posted a flame--I just called it "a little provocative," which is a pretty mild thing to say. I just know from my experience on forums that a little provocation can lead others to start flaming, and then it just goes on and on. But it's cool. I'm glad you love your Note, and I hope you're able to sell your problematic N7.

Shilohcane

Aug 5, 2012
Visit site
I got my N7 a year ago and I have not seen any slower performance. Granted I still have 10GB storage free. The 4.3 update has a fix to recover storage that was not being recovered correctly.

1812dave

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
My friend, I'm way relaxed. And I wasn't calling what you posted a flame--I just called it "a little provocative," which is a pretty mild thing to say. I just know from my experience on forums that a little provocation can lead others to start flaming, and then it just goes on and on. But it's cool. I'm glad you love your Note, and I hope you're able to sell your problematic N7.

that's cool. no love from the buying public for my N7. sigh. been up almost a day. I usually get bites on things listed on CL within a few hours so this does not bode well for dumping my N7.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dedehammac