Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Results 1 to 11 of 11
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By B. Diddy
  • 1 Post By n7xrd
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

    Default Downloads

    On my wifes n7 she has an app called downloads with a down arrow....there are photo's in there she wants in the gallery and I can't figure out how to move them????
  2. #2  

    Default Re: Downloads

    Install a file manager app like ES File Explorer. Then you can copy or move any file from the Downloads folder to the folder for the Gallery, which is probably "/storage/sdcard0/dcim/camera."
    gusar2000 likes this.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

    Default Re: Downloads

    Quote Originally Posted by B. Diddy View Post
    Install a file manager app like ES File Explorer. Then you can copy or move any file from the Downloads folder to the folder for the Gallery, which is probably "/storage/sdcard0/dcim/camera."
    I did install this but I was unable to find the pictures there is a "download" folder in the gallery but these photo's are not there they are in "downloads" and I have been unable to locate them!?
  4. #4  

    Default Re: Downloads

    "Downloads" should be in the directory /storage/sdcard0/download.
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

    Default Re: Downloads

    No luck that is not the correct location of these photo's....I think it is actually an APP called Downloads is where they are!!?
  6. #6  

    Default Re: Downloads

    Use the Download app and click on the picture and use menu to find details which show you where the file is on the memory.

    Another option for pictures only. A great app QuickPic will search for pictures everywhere and if you don't want a specific folder show on the app, you can choose to exclude it from your view

    Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

    Default Re: Downloads

    Quote Originally Posted by rxgadget View Post
    Use the Download app and click on the picture and use menu to find details which show you where the file is on the memory.

    Another option for pictures only. A great app QuickPic will search for pictures everywhere and if you don't want a specific folder show on the app, you can choose to exclude it from your view

    Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2
    That don't work either I'm stumped I can't find these photo's the only thing I can do now is open the photo and if I hold down it says make Wallpaper..
  8. #8  

    Default Re: Downloads

    Quote Originally Posted by n7xrd View Post
    No luck that is not the correct location of these photo's....I think it is actually an APP called Downloads is where they are!!?
    The Downloads selection in the App screen is simply a shortcut to the Download folder. Try installing Total Commander, another file manager, which is a little less intuitive to use, but the nice thing is that on the main screen, it shows the "Downloaded files" folder, and displays the actual directory name right under it. If those photos show up in the Downloads shortcut, then they should be in the folder.
  9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #9  

    Default Re: Downloads

    Quote Originally Posted by B. Diddy View Post
    The Downloads selection in the App screen is simply a shortcut to the Download folder. Try installing Total Commander, another file manager, which is a little less intuitive to use, but the nice thing is that on the main screen, it shows the "Downloaded files" folder, and displays the actual directory name right under it. If those photos show up in the Downloads shortcut, then they should be in the folder.
    nThank you this one did the trick she is happy now!!!
    B. Diddy likes this.
  10. Thread Author  Thread Author    #10  

    Default Re: Downloads

    How do you fix it so when she saves a picture it goes to the gallery She said it used to until it did an update the other day??
  11. #11  

    Default Re: Downloads

    Hi
    I just got my Galaxy S4...

    when I download a picture or save it from FB, Drive, Google images... etc it takes long time after the download is complete to be shown in the gallery
    Actually last night I downloaded pictures from the Drive and couldn't find them till today "about 7 hours later" !!!!

    What's the problem and how can I fix it ... Please

Similar Threads

  1. Downloading...Do not turn off target!! Stuck after installing TWRP via Goo Manager
    By Dreamliner330 in forum Samsung Galaxy S4 Rooting, ROMs & Hacks
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: 06-14-2014, 05:18 PM
  2. 4.3 download failed and won't seem to re-try
    By drwohl in forum Android 4.1 / 4.2 / 4.3 Jelly Bean
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 11-22-2013, 12:11 PM
  3. how do you download a old version of android?
    By Zay92 in forum Android 4.1 / 4.2 / 4.3 Jelly Bean
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 08-01-2013, 04:42 PM
  4. how to move a file download to a folder on my galaxy note 10.1
    By ValYooNeek in forum Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 08-01-2013, 12:14 AM
  5. Weird text message and "downloaded" app
    By Jan842 in forum General Help and How To
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 07-31-2013, 03:47 PM

Posting Permissions