1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default nexus 7 alarm won't turn off

When alarm goes off, sometimes there are no icons on screen to turn it off. I either have to wait for it to finish or turn device off. Anybody else experience this?
    AC Team Emeritus

Global Posts
    8,884 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Default Re: nexus 7 alarm won't turn off

Quote Originally Posted by Fiona Luland View Post
    When alarm goes off, sometimes there are no icons on screen to turn it off. I either have to wait for it to finish or turn device off. Anybody else experience this?
    Have you received the 4.3 update yet? Are there any other issues that you've noticed? How often do you have this happen?
    Kevin F.I.M.T.K. O'Quinn Esq.

Same thing here- I'm on 4.3 and there's no intuitive way to shut off the alarm My wife who's not a techie just gave up.

For example, the phone is on standby and the alarm goes off, I press the power button to get to the lock screen. Unlock the phone. But how do you turn off the alarm?
    Down-swiping the left "notifications tab" gives the option to snooze or dismiss the alarm, but neither button does anything. You can't side-swipe the notification to remove it either because it doesn't go away.

What I've found that works is to bring up the Clock app where you can set the alarm (and incidentally, the alarm will display as being "off"). Then bring up the list of running apps (the Clock app should now be listed). Then press and hold the Clock app to bring up the menu to close the app. Closing the app should turn off the clock.

Hope this gets fixed soon

Quote Originally Posted by Fiona Luland View Post
    Go to the settings for the clock. The last thing on the list of things you can set is called 'Volume buttons'. Look at the options for 'Volume buttons'. Mine was originally set to 'Do nothing'. Change it to 'Dismiss'. You will then be able to turn off the alarm by pressing a volume button.