Nexus 7 WiFi issues after 4.3 update

elinash93

Jun 28, 2013
Visit site
I have a non rooted nexus 7 tablet that just got the 4.3 update, and since I have been unable to connect to WiFi. I've tried both with my home router and my phone's hotspot, and it'll flash it's connecting for about half a second, then goes back to saying saved. I've tried rebooting the tablet, airplane mode, deleting the connections, resetting the router and toggling my hotspot. When they're both saved they'll repeatedly battle each other for the connection and disable themselves. Tried deleting one at a time yet again to no avail. Wondering if anyone else is having the same issue and might possibly know a fix?

Sent from my Galaxy S4

mindhead1

May 14, 2012
Visit site
I am having a similar issue with my stock 1st gen N7. Prior to 4.3 I had no Wifi connectivity issues and always had a strong signal. After 4.3 the signal drops and and has trouble reconnecting. I have tried all the usual fixes, but the problem persists.

TinoC

Mar 19, 2013
Visit site
I have the same problema. Before update i had a very strong signal all around the house and now with 4,3 signal is very week. Even near the router.
I hope they fis this issue quickly.

TinoC

Mar 19, 2013
Visit site
I am having a similar issue with my stock 1st gen N7. Prior to 4.3 I had no Wifi connectivity issues and always had a strong signal. After 4.3 the signal drops and and has trouble reconnecting. I have tried all the usual fixes, but the problem persists.

Same problem with me. before update strong signal all over the house. Now with 4.3 week signal even near the router. Hope they fix this quickly.

Shilohcane

Aug 5, 2012
Visit site
This App seem to help me in a bar that I could never stay connected to. All I can say is that I have less issue now after I installed this App. It really my LG Android phone. Wifi Fixer is primarily intended for users whose wifi shows as connected, but cannot use internet applications. Wifi Fixer will detect and attempt recovery when these problems are detected. You can tune your Wifi Acess Point's settings to minimize disconnections.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=org.wahtod.wififixer&hl=en

Last edited:

mbb48

Aug 3, 2013
Visit site
I just updated my Nexus 7 to 4.3 and cannot now connect to Wifi. The signal strength is fine but I do not have the blue wifi symbol only grey. I've tried everything I can think of and have looked on forums for answers but nothing seems to work. I have done a factory reset which strangely gives me wifi back for a few minutes, enough to connect and enter my setup details but then its back to grey. I now have a device that's about as much use as a doorstop. I've been happy with the device until now but I have spent hours trying to get around this issue and I'm just about done. My son also has a Nexus 7 but his update is sitting there waiting to be loaded.. I've told him to leave well alone as his is still working fine under 4.2.

ZeroG1972

Aug 4, 2013
Visit site
Re: Nexus 7 WiFi issues after 4.3 update : solution ?

I have solve the Wifi problem of Android 4.3 update by installation of roaming wifi utility as "Wifi Repair Lite".
It keeps the connection and I see improvement since its installation.

But I think a version 4.3.1 is expected soon ...

Thierry

phinfanne

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
Re: Nexus 7 WiFi issues after 4.3 update : solution ?

I was having issues recently with a very sporadic wifi signal. A simple reboot seems to be helping for now.

rxgadget

Aug 8, 2010
Visit site
I just updated my SIM card on my Verizon Mifi device to see if I could get any better wifi connection. Nope. I can sometimes get it to blue but even though Mifi shows 4G the download and browsing drags

romiust

Jul 28, 2010
Visit site
Strange, I was having the same problem BEFORE the latest update. Since 4.3 all my wifi issues have gone. I wonder if my fix, unfixed yours...

Marc Wilson1972

Jul 31, 2013
Visit site
I to was having issues with wifi. On both mine and my daughter's nexus 7. This seemed to start straight after the recent update. However I have just fully powered down and rebooted and the problems seem to have gone.
One minute I was sat 3 foot away from the router and had at best 50% wifi signal then none and so on. Reboot and now full maxed out signal all around the ground floor.
If it matters, my nexus is rooted but my daughters is not.

anonymous495876038576

Mar 9, 2013
Visit site
I have never had WiFi issues. Even after updating to 4.3. If anything my WiFi distance has improved with my nexus 7 and I seem to get faster speeds.

<link removed>

Last edited by a moderator:

timhobbs

Apr 30, 2012
Visit site
This App seem to help me in a bar that I could never stay connected to. All I can say is that I have less issue now after I installed this App. It really my LG Android phone. Wifi Fixer is primarily intended for users whose wifi shows as connected, but cannot use internet applications. Wifi Fixer will detect and attempt recovery when these problems are detected. You can tune your Wifi Acess Point's settings to minimize disconnections.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=org.wahtod.wififixer&hl=en

This shows that my nexus 7 2012, is not compatible with that version.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4

rxgadget

Aug 8, 2010
Visit site
I joined the beta testing group but still unable to download from Play Store stating incompatible with my N7 (2012)

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4

strongline

Sep 9, 2013
Visit site
With so many users reported same problem, I can only conclude it's a bug in 4.3. There is a lot of anger for this issue on Google's own support forum.

Fearless Freep

Sep 20, 2012
Visit site
I have had some general issues crop up after the 4.3 upgrade as well. It seems to manifest itself on re-connecting to a network. It's more of an annoyance but I do wish they would patch it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MarcosVo