Nexus 7 Multiple 4.3 Updates

Frank J Ivins

Mar 25, 2013
Visit site
Has anyone else received multiple 4.3 updates to their 2012 Nexus 7?

I received the first OTA which bumped me from 4.2.2 to 4.3.

Two days later, got another one. Went ahead and installed. Version and build number didn't change.

Now, a few days later, I've received another one that looks about the same size. Not yet installed this one.

Is everyone else getting this or am I stuck in some sort of odd loop?

I'm not rooted or any other hackery.

Cheers!

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
I had them all on day one, but yeah totally normal. Just dependent on when your device left the factory.

frageelay

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
I'm in the same boat. The install came up after I restarted my 2012 N7. I've had the update for a few days before this new update popped up. I haven't installed. This is a first for me. I wonder what the issue is... So far I haven't seen another update come across the N4.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2013-08-04-18-00-12.png
    Screenshot_2013-08-04-18-00-12.png
    103.1 KB · Views: 95
  • Screenshot_2013-08-04-18-00-36.png
    Screenshot_2013-08-04-18-00-36.png
    166.3 KB · Views: 95

anon(847090)

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site
I'm in the same boat. The install came up after I restarted my 2012 N7. I've had the update for a few days before this new update popped up. I haven't installed. This is a first for me. I wonder what the issue is... So far I haven't seen another update come across the N4.

obviously it might be fixing some issues. Good to update now rather than updating after using it for a while. minimize's update issues

frageelay

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
I wish that were the case. It's the exact same update I received a few days earlier. So far there's only been two OTA 4.3 updates. Waiting to see if that was the last.

Frank J Ivins

Mar 25, 2013
Visit site
Just received my FOURTH! Update (all 4.3) to my n7 2012. Always pops up after restart. File size and description always identical. I would greatly appreciate some help!

frageelay

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
Got a third update yesterday. It was also after a restart. I thought it was over but I was obviously wrong. It's hard to ignore the icon just sitting there but I'm over updating it. The 4.3 update isn't so great that I want it a third time.

Frank J Ivins

Mar 25, 2013
Visit site
Got a third update yesterday. It was also after a restart. I thought it was over but I was obviously wrong. It's hard to ignore the icon just sitting there but I'm over updating it. The 4.3 update isn't so great that I want it a third time.

Yeah, I've just left the icon in the tray but it does bother me! Of course Google's stock response to any problem is a factory reset. Easy for them. Hard for the customer who has to spend hours getting the tablet back to where it was. I'm still holding out for the N7 2013 anyway (not yet released in the UK).

Has anybody had this problem and done the factory reset? Did it work?

Hoppy063

Dec 27, 2012
Visit site
What build are you all at? I have not had any updates to 4.3 since I installed it. Mine is still at JWR66V

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4

Frank J Ivins

Mar 25, 2013
Visit site
What build are you all at? I have not had any updates to 4.3 since I installed it. Mine is still at JWR66V

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4

I'm on the same build as you. The install is the same 150mb-ish install as the original 4.3.

It is clearly some sort of glitch.

When you install it (again) it goes away for a while.

It eventually returns days later and always after a reboot (though a reboot won't necessarily trigger it).

minnemike

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
I had a different weird experience. The upgrade registered on the device and I had a notification under the status bar to perform the upgrade. I wanted to wait until I got home from vacation before doing it. Now, suddenly, the upgrade statement disappeared. I go into about and try the upgrade and it says everything is up to date (4.2.2).

Anyone have this issue?

frageelay

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
I haven't but I may try. I don't want to hard reset and the update comes back. There has to be something causing it not to register therefore a hard reset may not fix it. It's so tedious. It's easier to update and hope it doesn't try to update again. At least that way it doesn't require trying to repopulate the N7.

Posted via Android Central App

pbelfi

Jun 18, 2012
Visit site
Crazy....I haven't received any updates since updating to 4.3 I'm not to sure I want an update either....my 2012 N7 is humming along like it has never done before....Ever since the 4.3 update, it is almost as fast as my 2013 N7!....So the old adage of "if it ain't broke, don't fix it" comes into play for me.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using AC Forums mobile app

frageelay

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
I broke down and updated. It seemed as the quicker route taking about a minute to complete. I don't think it did much because it's already updated. That was the shortest one. The second one took as much time as the first. It didn't try to update my apps or anything this time.

I'm going to hope the third time is the charm.

Posted via Android Central App