Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Nexus 7 Multiple 4.3 Updates

Has anyone else received multiple 4.3 updates to their 2012 Nexus 7?

I received the first OTA which bumped me from 4.2.2 to 4.3.

Two days later, got another one. Went ahead and installed. Version and build number didn't change.

Now, a few days later, I've received another one that looks about the same size. Not yet installed this one.

Is everyone else getting this or am I stuck in some sort of odd loop?

I'm not rooted or any other hackery.

Cheers!

Global Posts
    5,746 Global Posts
    ROM
    Assassin 'Droid

Default Re: Nexus 7 Multiple 4.3 Updates

I had them all on day one, but yeah totally normal. Just dependent on when your device left the factory.

​Obvious statement: Why, I am an assassin 'droid, Master.
    May the Force Be With You

Community Rules & Guidelines​
    (Formerly "NothingIsTrue")

3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Thanks for thew swift reply.

Are you referring to the NEW Nexus 7?

My updates are to the OLD Nexus 7.

Cheers!

Global Posts
    5,746 Global Posts
    ROM
    Assassin 'Droid

Quote Originally Posted by Frank J Ivins View Post
    Thanks for thew swift reply.

Are you referring to the NEW Nexus 7?

My updates are to the OLD Nexus 7.

Cheers!
    I got two on my 2012 version about a day apart and 2 back to back on the 2013 version.

​Obvious statement: Why, I am an assassin 'droid, Master.
    May the Force Be With You

Community Rules & Guidelines​
    (Formerly "NothingIsTrue")

Thanked by:

I'm in the same boat. The install came up after I restarted my 2012 N7. I've had the update for a few days before this new update popped up. I haven't installed. This is a first for me. I wonder what the issue is... So far I haven't seen another update come across the N4.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Nexus 7 Multiple 4.3 Updates-screenshot_2013-08-04-18-00-12.png   Nexus 7 Multiple 4.3 Updates-screenshot_2013-08-04-18-00-36.png  

Quote Originally Posted by frageelay View Post
    I'm in the same boat. The install came up after I restarted my 2012 N7. I've had the update for a few days before this new update popped up. I haven't installed. This is a first for me. I wonder what the issue is... So far I haven't seen another update come across the N4.
    obviously it might be fixing some issues. Good to update now rather than updating after using it for a while. minimize's update issues
    Ntchwaidumela likes this.

I wish that were the case. It's the exact same update I received a few days earlier. So far there's only been two OTA 4.3 updates. Waiting to see if that was the last.

Hmmmm.... Interesting... Only received just one OTA update to 4.3 on my N7 2012.
  9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #9  

Just received my FOURTH! Update (all 4.3) to my n7 2012. Always pops up after restart. File size and description always identical. I would greatly appreciate some help!

Got a third update yesterday. It was also after a restart. I thought it was over but I was obviously wrong. It's hard to ignore the icon just sitting there but I'm over updating it. The 4.3 update isn't so great that I want it a third time.
  11. Thread Author  Thread Author    #11  

Quote Originally Posted by frageelay View Post
    Got a third update yesterday. It was also after a restart. I thought it was over but I was obviously wrong. It's hard to ignore the icon just sitting there but I'm over updating it. The 4.3 update isn't so great that I want it a third time.
    Yeah, I've just left the icon in the tray but it does bother me! Of course Google's stock response to any problem is a factory reset. Easy for them. Hard for the customer who has to spend hours getting the tablet back to where it was. I'm still holding out for the N7 2013 anyway (not yet released in the UK).

Has anybody had this problem and done the factory reset? Did it work?
  13. Thread Author  Thread Author    #13  

I've seen this on blogs.

But as Google claims they have no knowledge of this problem, I highly doubt this will sort it.

What build are you all at? I have not had any updates to 4.3 since I installed it. Mine is still at JWR66V

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4
  15. Thread Author  Thread Author    #15  

Quote Originally Posted by Hoppy063 View Post
    What build are you all at? I have not had any updates to 4.3 since I installed it. Mine is still at JWR66V

I'm on the same build as you. The install is the same 150mb-ish install as the original 4.3.

It is clearly some sort of glitch.

When you install it (again) it goes away for a while.

It eventually returns days later and always after a reboot (though a reboot won't necessarily trigger it).

I had a different weird experience. The upgrade registered on the device and I had a notification under the status bar to perform the upgrade. I wanted to wait until I got home from vacation before doing it. Now, suddenly, the upgrade statement disappeared. I go into about and try the upgrade and it says everything is up to date (4.2.2).

Anyone have this issue?

I haven't but I may try. I don't want to hard reset and the update comes back. There has to be something causing it not to register therefore a hard reset may not fix it. It's so tedious. It's easier to update and hope it doesn't try to update again. At least that way it doesn't require trying to repopulate the N7.

Posted via Android Central App

Crazy....I haven't received any updates since updating to 4.3 I'm not to sure I want an update either....my 2012 N7 is humming along like it has never done before....Ever since the 4.3 update, it is almost as fast as my 2013 N7!....So the old adage of "if it ain't broke, don't fix it" comes into play for me.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using AC Forums mobile app

I broke down and updated. It seemed as the quicker route taking about a minute to complete. I don't think it did much because it's already updated. That was the shortest one. The second one took as much time as the first. It didn't try to update my apps or anything this time.

I'm going to hope the third time is the charm.

Posted via Android Central App

Just received the new small update today mine is now JWR66Y

I'm a JWR66Y as well. I just received my second update notification. I thought it was still another Android version update till I read this string. I haven't installed it because I lost my root last time and couldn't re root for a week or so till they updated the root toolbox. I don't want to wait for another toolbox update and I need my root for Stickmount.
    I'll be watching this string daily.

ROM
    TouchWiz/Android 4.3

I just saw the update pop up about an hour ago on my 2012 N7. But I am charging it up as I type this before I update. I'm currently on JWR66V.
    Don't Eat Yellow Snow!!!

ROM
    Cyanogenmod 9

I got the same two 4.3 updates on my 2012 Nexus 7 and my Nexus 4.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

Just came up on screen overnight. Update process was fine. Now wait to see......

Just received the new small update today mine is now JWR66Y

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast