Curious.. is anyone here sorry they got the tablet?

jontalk

Feb 29, 2012
Visit site
I've been debating for a while as to whether I need an N7 whether 2012 or 2013 model.. I have a GS3 which really is a great device though obviously if I want to read any eBooks, etc. it's not ideal.

Now that I'm seeing some nearly new first gen models around for about $100, it's tempting. So am wondering if anyone here falls into the category of "it's a nice device but I really don't use it that much".

Thanks.

F0REVERY0UNG-

Aug 15, 2012
Visit site
I don't regret buying it at all.
I've had mine for almost a year, and I use it every single day.
In use it to read books, a lot of books, also to read magazines, play games, and take notes while in classs.
I'm still in love with the device!

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S4 using AC Forums mobile app

dkhmwilliams

May 10, 2013
Visit site
Trust me, you will use it. If you like your GSIII you will love the Nexus 7. Or you could get a Galaxy Tab 3 if you want to stick with Samsung.

Sent from my Nexus 7

alnexus

Sep 26, 2012
Visit site
Tablets are great secondary devices. I've had mine almost a year, use it a lot. I read it in bed, its my morning news, right now have TV on and obviously prefer nexus for entertainment. My only regret is I didn't get the mobile nexus.

Channan

Keyboard Warrior
Mar 21, 2010
Visit site
I don't regret buying mine, but it's not as nice as it could be. The Tegra 3 processor is the weak link in this tablet but the 1GB of RAM isn't helping either.

If you want to use it for reading books, play a few games, and watch some videos, you'll probably really like it. Unfortunately for me, I use mine mainly for browsing and that's when it really acts up. It freezes up sometimes, lags while scrolling, closes background tabs, etc. I sometimes get so frustrated with it that put it down and use my Nexus 4 to browse the web instead.

repligation

Nov 23, 2012
Visit site
The only thing I regret is not having purchased a tablet sooner than last November. A year ago I had trouble seeing a tablet as anything more than a toy, now my family has two (an N7 and a Note 10.1) and it is difficult to imagine not using them every day. I'm still somewhat surprised by the amount of use our family gets out of both tablets. I was an inch away from buying a netbook before we bought our n7 for the family for Christmas. The n7 experience was so compelling that now we also have the Note 10.1. My kids love both of them and I'm nearly ready to buy a third tablet so that I'm not relegated to my "tiny-screen" gs3.

mrcraft2u

Jan 3, 2011
Visit site
I love my N7. The family gave it to me for Christmas and I haven't looked back since. I use it everyday and my laptop is hardly used and gathers dust... ;-)

Posted via Android Central App

AstronomerXI

Sep 18, 2012
Visit site
I don't regret buying mine, but it's not as nice as it could be. The Tegra 3 processor is the weak link in this tablet but the 1GB of RAM isn't helping either.

If you want to use it for reading books, play a few games, and watch some videos, you'll probably really like it. Unfortunately for me, I use mine mainly for browsing and that's when it really acts up. It freezes up sometimes, lags while scrolling, closes background tabs, etc. I sometimes get so frustrated with it that put it down and use my Nexus 4 to browse the web instead.

I haven't experienced any of the issues that you've been having. Sorry to hear this. My browsing experience has been flawless with both Chrome and Firefox. I also have an iPad 3, and work/personal iPhones. For reading books, browsing, casual consumption etc, the Nexus7 (2012) is the one that gets the most use. It's the most ergonomic, great screen resolution, portable and so on. It's a great product and suits my needs.

CaMelGuY1337

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
My N7 is the reason my ✆ battery lasts so long. Don't second guess it. Buy It!!!

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Bazza1

Apr 9, 2013
Visit site
I bought the N7 to replace an iPad 2. The iPad became something of a moot point when I replaced my home / daily computer with an 11" Air (a 'real' computer in something close to the same footprint and weight) and, while I looked at the Mini, I disliked the form factor. But I like the 'idea' of very mobile, mobile device and hence why I looked at a tablet again at all.

That said - and in all honesty - I don't find tablets to be as useful as I might wish from a business point of view. Patchy WP and Mail programs and the virtual keyboards less than optimal - but as a mobile info and entertainment centre and general PDA, they're fine. And, the N7 slips well into the hand, a large pocket or small satchel, in a paperback book kinda way.

So, no regrets - modified.

anon(5719825)

Retired Moderator
Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
I have had mine since February and don't regret it.

I did buy an iPad Mini in June and tend to use it more than anything though and if I had bought the mini first, I probably would never have bought the Nexus 7. I still use it though and I am using it now to watch my local news on using Firefox and flash. My local news channel doesn't allow users to watch the news feed using the app on Android, yet they do allow it on the iPad/iPhone apps. Just one of the differences that I love iOS for.

hoosiermama2799

Nov 23, 2011
Visit site
I got my first one right after it came out. Last spring, my four year old grandson dropped it on a wood transition between carpet and tile and the screen broke. By that time, rumors were already out about the N7.2. I tried to resist replacing mine until the new came out...I really did. But I have no willpower, and got another N7. I will skip the N7.2 unless something happens to this one.

I have absolutely no regrets about getting this. We have a laptop and a desktop in the house and we'll probably sell the laptop. Honestly it just doesn't get used.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4

BlackBerry Guy

Trusted Member
Feb 10, 2013
Visit site
I really like the 7" form factor. I had a PlayBook before which I took everywhere. Great hardware at the time, but craptacular app selection and browser. I ditched it and got an iPad 3, which I enjoy using but found I rarely took out of the house. It's my couch/bed device. Picked up the Nexus 7 on a whim because I was curious about Android and its once again became my go everywhere tablet. Great size for reading, games, social media, and ok for browsing. You can't get a better tablet for the price.

jontalk

Feb 29, 2012
Visit site
Great feedback everyone... Just watched the Cnet N7.2 vs. iPad Mini prize fight which the Nexus won in all categories but one...I think it's a waiting game now..First to wait for stores to get more supply of the new N7 or finding the BEST deal on a first gen N7.. Right now there's a 16 gb model that wasn't used much with a Poetic case for $100..I have a feeling I will find a 32 gb model at some point for the same deal. I DID play briefly with the new one and the screen is pretty amazing.

anon(5719825)

Retired Moderator
Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
So it's been nearly six months of owning my N7 and for the first time ever, I got 20 hrs standby and 4.5 hrs screen time and all that screen time was using Netflix. Most I could get before was 2-3 hrs. I didn't use the tablet at all so standby was about 12 hrs when I started using it and battery was at 80%.

repligation

Nov 23, 2012
Visit site
Great feedback everyone... Just watched the Cnet N7.2 vs. iPad Mini prize fight which the Nexus won in all categories but one...I think it's a waiting game now..First to wait for stores to get more supply of the new N7 or finding the BEST deal on a first gen N7.. Right now there's a 16 gb model that wasn't used much with a Poetic case for $100..I have a feeling I will find a 32 gb model at some point for the same deal. I DID play briefly with the new one and the screen is pretty amazing.

Absolutely get the 32GB model. Worth the extra $
My friend got it last week from staples for $30 off but I think that deal is over now.

jontalk

Feb 29, 2012
Visit site
NexusGirl.. you only got 4 hours screen time? Yikes.. that's not much at all though am not sure I completely understand your post, LOL. I was under the impression an N7 would get well over 8-10 hrs.

hoosiermama2799

Nov 23, 2011
Visit site
Absolutely get the 32GB model. Worth the extra $
My friend got it last week from staples for $30 off but I think that deal is over now.

My first was a 16 gig, and when that broke I got the 32 as a replacement. If you can, definitely get the larger. You won't regret the extra storage, but you might regret not having enough.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4

anon(883913)

Aug 2, 2012
Visit site
Honestly now is the BEST time to buy a 2012 model not just because of the price but because of Android 4.3! Before the update I was less likely to use the N7 because even my year old Droid Razr could load up Facebook or Instagram faster and with less lag but now with 4.3 everything is buttery smooth and I actually haven't put the thing down all day between playing Candy Crush, Real Racing 3 and Beach Buggy Blitz! Whatever TRIM support they added with 4.3 is definitely working its magic very well and the battery life is still phenomenal (I've been playing Beach Buggy Blitz with the graphics set to max the majority of the day (Sunday for anyone reading this later) along with intermittent Candy Crush and I'm still at over 30 % remaining.

I would definitely recommend the 32GB over the 16GB just purely because right now they are so cheap and its always better to buy bigger than what you will need rather than buy smaller and regret your decision later!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cy3berOdyssey