How Do I Connect Nexus 7 to Verizon FIOS Wireless Router?

jdanniel

Sep 8, 2012
Visit site
Hello, everyone.

I need a little bit of help getting my Google Nexus 7 connected to my wireless network.

Last week, I switched from Comcast to Verizon FIOS. Prior to FIOS, I had my own wireless router. (Netgear.)

I had no trouble getting a wireless signal to the Nexus 7. After getting FIOS installed, I cannot get a wireless signal to the Nexus 7.

I was wondering what steps I have to take to get the Nexus 7 connected to the wireless system. Can anyone please offer me suggestions, or perhaps point me to a web page with instructions?

(I realize this is not a Verizon FIOS forum, but hopefully there are people here using FIOS and have a Nexus 7, and know how to accomplish this.)

Thank you! Jd

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Can you give us a few more details about how you're unable to connect? Is it giving you an error message? Does the N7 even see the router? What security settings does the router have (WPA vs WEP, AES vs TKIP)?

jdanniel

Sep 8, 2012
Visit site
Sure enough...a few minutes after I posted this question, I solved the problem.

Here's what I did: I simply hooked up the Nexus to my computer via a USB cable. I went into Settings/WiFi, set it to ON (it was set to off...who knew?), tapped it, and I saw two listings there. One was for my old Netgear router. I figured out how to delete that.

The other listing was for my new router. I had to enter the password (which is about 500 characters long), and when I did, VOILA. I got the Nexus connected.

I'm not sure why I didn't check that in the first place. I'm not as experienced with Android as I am with Windows. That's changing.....

Thanks for responding and offering to help. Jd

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dedehammac