Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By B. Diddy
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default strange thing my tablet did

So I've had my nexus 7 since Christmas and it all of a sudden did something weird. I was playing survivalcraft (kinda like minecraft but not) and I dug a block then it went to a certain static but unlike what you see when your tv receiver is off but noise with moving white lines and a black screen. It then made my battery completely drain when it was at 50% then when it was off it didn't show the charging symbol it shows when it's off. It wouldn't turn on but now it's on. I never made an update for my tablet. I've had on the charger for 3 hours and its only 22% now

Default Re: strange thing my tablet did

This seems to be one of the more common glitches that occurs with the original Nexus 7. Read through this thread to see if anything rings a bell:

Nexus 7 problem; Won't charge, and when it does, screen goes dead and pixels fly across the screen.
    mr_nobody likes this.

Global Posts
    17,369 Global Posts
    ROM
    Liquidsmooth ROM

Quote Originally Posted by Kitkats545 View Post
    So I've had my nexus 7 since Christmas and it all of a sudden did something weird. I was playing survivalcraft (kinda like minecraft but not) and I dug a block then it went to a certain static but unlike what you see when your tv receiver is off but noise with moving white lines and a black screen. It then made my battery completely drain when it was at 50% then when it was off it didn't show the charging symbol it shows when it's off. It wouldn't turn on but now it's on. I never made an update for my tablet. I've had on the charger for 3 hours and its only 22% now
    Welcome to the forums!
    Does the link B. Diddy provided seem similar to your situation?

Phone Timeline
    'If we could change ourselves, the tendencies in the world would also change.' - Mahatma Gandhi
    Community Guidelines and also here
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Sadly that didn't match my situation. But it still hasn't done it since. Ive been a little scared to get on it and then have my data on it corrupt or something. I've spent a lot of money on apps so...

Quote Originally Posted by Kitkats545 View Post
    Sadly that didn't match my situation. But it still hasn't done it since. Ive been a little scared to get on it and then have my data on it corrupt or something. I've spent a lot of money on apps so...
    Apps you buy from Google play are tied to your Google account not your device so you won't lose money. You can also backup most apps and files in the cloud

Posted via Android Central App