- 18 Posts
Downloads Folder Does Not Display Files I've Downloaded Into It
I have a 16 GB Google Nexus 7 with Android 4.3. (Last yearís model, not the newest one.)
The Nexus 7 is hooked up to my desktop computer via a USB cable, but I also have a wireless router.
Iíve downloaded a few things to the Downloads folder. One of the things I downloaded was the .apk file for ES File Explorer. The other things are some MP4 files of television shows.
These items are not appearing in the Downloads folder. I can select the MP4 files in the Play Movies & TV app, but they arenít listed in the Downloads folder.
I was wondering why this is. Why arenít files I download into the Downloads folder appearing there? Iíve shut off the tablet and restarted it, but the files still donít appear.
My desktop PC is running Windows 8 Pro 64-bit.
Thank you! Jd
- 18 Posts
Re: Downloads Folder Does Not Display Files I've Downloaded Into It
A follow-up comment, to elaborate on the original post: I installed ES File Explorer directly via Google Play on the tablet. Now, here's what's going on: The Downloads folder displays properly with ES File Explorer. So, I deleted the .apk file for that app. It displays the .MP4 files properly.
However, when I view the Downloads folder via the icon on the main menu screen, I see an old .apk file for an Amazon Kindle update. Its name is AmazonApps-release.apk. I deleted that .apk file! Why is it still appearing in the Downloads folder, and why is everything else NOT appearing?
- 08-20-2013, 11:35 PM #3
- By Keven Coleman in forum Motorola Droid 4Replies: 1Last Post: 10-07-2013, 02:24 PM
- By cdepue79 in forum Samsung Galaxy S4Replies: 11Last Post: 08-21-2013, 11:10 PM
- By NikoJohn in forum Samsung Galaxy S3Replies: 8Last Post: 08-21-2013, 05:22 PM
- By mja64 in forum General Help and How ToReplies: 3Last Post: 08-21-2013, 10:05 AM
- By Dave Mustaine in forum General Help and How ToReplies: 3Last Post: 08-20-2013, 05:49 PM