Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Nexus 7: stops my volume at half when using headphones can i stop this ?

I have a nexus 7 tablet which I love apart from the fact that when I plug in my head phones it restricts me from turning up the volume more than half way !!! Is there anyway to turn off what I presume is a safety feature ? As it is making it difficult to use the tablet for the purpose I bought it for which is for when I commute as at the moment unless I'm some where quiet I can barely hear the audio.

Thanks leelee0431

Default Re: Nexus stops my volume at half when using headphones can i stop this ?

When you get that warning, you should be able to keep going up on the volume afterwards. It should just be a warning, not a prohibition. Is it not letting you do that?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using AC Forums mobile app

Default Re: Nexus stops my volume at half when using headphones can i stop this ?

I believe that the volume warning was a "feature" in 4.2. Since updating to 4.3 I have not encountered it again on my n7 and I use my headphones every day.
    Motorola Moto X 2014 Pure Edition XT1095, Google Nexus 7, Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1
    HTC Inspire (Desire HD) => Samsung Galaxy S3 => Moto X 2014 Pure Edition

I have the same issue with Netflix. It's not the warning message like in other apps, it just won't go any higher. In fact, if you keep pushing the volume button, Netflix freezes up completely. I haven't been able to find a solution.
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

This is the issue I am having I receive no warning I am just unable to tire the volume up more than half when headphones are plugged in on anything not just netflixs .
    Quote Originally Posted by Dana Nairn View Post
    I have the same issue with Netflix. It's not the warning message like in other apps, it just won't go any higher. In fact, if you keep pushing the volume button, Netflix freezes up completely. I haven't been able to find a solution.
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

I have no warning at all it just refuses to allow me to increase the volume more than half.
    Quote Originally Posted by B. Diddy View Post
    When you get that warning, you should be able to keep going up on the volume afterwards. It should just be a warning, not a prohibition. Is it not letting you do that?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using AC Forums mobile app
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

Quick fix - put head phones in well on tablets home screen turn volume up well on home screen and cancel the warning (which does not appear when turning volume up in an application) u should then be able to increase the volume past the half way mark. You may have to do this each time you use the headphones.
    Thanked by 2:

Global Posts
    531 Global Posts

Thanked by 2:

Just found your solution. Thank you, took me an hour to find it.

ROM
    Jelly Bean 4.2.1 (rooted)

Quote Originally Posted by leelee0431 View Post
    Quick fix - put head phones in well on tablets home screen turn volume up well on home screen and cancel the warning (which does not appear when turning volume up in an application) u should then be able to increase the volume past the half way mark. You may have to do this each time you use the headphones.
    Thanks for the workaround! Just couldn't find it on my own!

Envoy de mon Nexus 5 en utilisant Tapatalk

I hated having the volume warning on, it was driving me mad so thank you Dannyd86 for the link to hearing saver, it has made me a happy man.

Default Re: Nexus 7: stops my volume at half when using headphones can i stop this ?

I was also in trouble with my Nexus 7 .I used the same method of clicking Cancel tab.But that created another problem after removing the headphone the volume control stopped working linearly.

Couldn't get netflix volume above a whisper on my Nexus 7. Hearingsaver solved the problem. Thanks!