Mobile Device Management

Mark Casemore

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site
Hi guys

Looking for some help.

I work in a college for 16-17 year old kids and we loan out Nexus tabs for them to do their work. I have been trying to find a cheap solution to manage the devices i.e. lock the devices down so the students cannot make any changes, no apps can be installed, device can be tracked and remotely locked or wiped. I have found some but they are either hideously expensive or don't do what I want to do. Has anyone had any experience of using MDM or suggest something that would get me what I am after. I have tried Centrify which yes, integrates with AD and I can control the apps but doesn't let me lock the device down. Others like air-watch are expensive to implement and my manager shot that down straight away.

Ta muchly.

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Hi guys

Looking for some help.

I work in a college for 16-17 year old kids and we loan out Nexus tabs for them to do their work. I have been trying to find a cheap solution to manage the devices i.e. lock the devices down so the students cannot make any changes, no apps can be installed, device can be tracked and remotely locked or wiped. I have found some but they are either hideously expensive or don't do what I want to do. Has anyone had any experience of using MDM or suggest something that would get me what I am after. I have tried Centrify which yes, integrates with AD and I can control the apps but doesn't let me lock the device down. Others like air-watch are expensive to implement and my manager shot that down straight away.

Ta muchly.

Welcome to the forums!
You can try App Lock. Free, and allows you to lock certain applications like settings, etc from being changed. Keep the idea in mind you may have to utilize more than one app.

cooldip

Oct 27, 2015
Visit site
Hi Mark,

You can check out OneMDM server on GitHub. It is an open source product that we are in the process of building.

Most features you have requested are in the pipeline and will be live in the next couple of months.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12