1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Case That Offers Best Protection for a Pre-Teen User?

My 11-year-old broke his Nexus 7 (2012) when he stuffed it into his carry-on on a trip to Disney World. Then he dropped and face-planted his 3-week-old Nexus 7 (2013) on the living room hardwood floor and cracked the screen, but it was partially usable. And before I could even return the damn thing for repair under a SquareTrade claim, he dropped it at the barber shop, striking the glass with a the barber chair pedal, further smashing the screen.

He's due to get the repaired Nexus 7 back early next week. I have a rugged BobJ case on my Transformer Infinity, but it doesn't project the screen at all and it won't be available for the new Nexus 7 until the end of Sept anyway.

Any suggestions for a ultra protection Nexus 7 (2013) case for a kid with slippery, and grounded, hands?

Default Re: Case That Offers Best Protection for a Pre-Teen User?

I have this case. It's really sturdy. I'm giving my grandson my old N7 and it will have this case on it. He's dropped and broken one and I'm hoping this will provide good protection for him.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...idcentral00-20

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

I like that one. However, looks like it's not out for the Nexus 7 (2013) yet. This is the problem.

I have one of those $10 TPU cases ready for temporary use right now. And I am thinking about having Invisible Shield installed, but I'm not sure how much protection Invisible Shield provides against screen breakage.

Sorry, I misread the post. I have a TPU case for my 2013. It provides coverage over the edges, but I don't know how much drop protection it would have. Here's the one I have. One thing I like is that it seems to have a lot of grip to the exterior of the case, so it doesn't feel slippery in the hand. The buttons are covered, but they fit well, and are still easy to use through the case. My case fits nice and tightly (some reviews say it doesn't, but my guess is they're putting the case on the last year's N7).

Amazon.com: KAYSCASE S-Line TPU Case Cover for New Nexus 7 2013, 2nd Generation, Jelly Bean Android 4.3 (16GB / 32GB WiFi / 4G LTE),Compatible with ASUS Google Nexus 7 2 2.0 II Tablet 2013 Version (Black): Computers & Accessories

Good luck finding something! Hopefully Seidio will be coming out with the Active case for the 2013 N7.

Just glanced through Amazon and found this, too: Amazon.com: Poetic REVOLUTION Case for Google Nexus 7 FHD 2nd Gen 2013 Android Tablet Black (3 Year Manufacturer Warranty From Poetic): Electronics
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Quote Originally Posted by hoosiermama2799 View Post
    Sorry, I misread the post. I have a TPU case for my 2013. It provides coverage over the edges, but I don't know how much drop protection it would have. Here's the one I have. One thing I like is that it seems to have a lot of grip to the exterior of the case, so it doesn't feel slippery in the hand. The buttons are covered, but they fit well, and are still easy to use through the case. My case fits nice and tightly (some reviews say it doesn't, but my guess is they're putting the case on the last year's N7).
    Funny that's exactly the same case I bought as a temporary solution. He actually had that case on when it dropped the second time on the barber pedal. Unfortunately, no screen protection equaled a further cracked screen.