Could damaging the screen effect battery life?

Nik Secrett

Sep 4, 2013
Visit site
Over the last few months my nexus 7 has had appalling battery life, and has taken a whole day to charge up 17%, which is unheard of. I was surprised as i was careful to not leave the device on charge for long periods of time etc etc. The battery would also go down from the 17% to 0% in a mere 30 minutes. I was sure this must have been a fault, so i returned the item to Argus, hoping for a easy solution, however their excuse for not repairing/replacing the device was that my device had "external damage" (my screen had unfortunately cracked several days before. I argued that this was not a valid point, as surely a damaged screen could not effect the battery? I may be wrong however, does anyone know?

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
It wouldn't affect the battery LIKE THAT unless the cause of the crack also damaged some other internals. However, their reason for not making good on the warranty is that, indeed, the screen is cracked so they won't replace it for a new item nor repair it as, if you read the Warranty Terms carefully, you'll see that very point clearly stated.

IAmSixNine

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
have you ruled out bad data cable? charger? have you checked to see if your CPU is constantly running.. Perhaps the battery is going bad. Li-Ion batteries tend to bloat when they go bad, its a result of off gassing, its possible the bad battery was pushing against the lcd and the glass cracked.. However unlikely as that would lead to broken LCD as well.. but still a possibility..

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
seniorengineerdood